****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

Soldato
Loved it, got the same chills as the trailers for the other recent films. Tickets booked for the midnight showing straight after alterbridge so should be an awesome night.

Soldato
Tempted with the IMAX triple as it's only £6 using Unlimited. Watch the first, sleep through the second, nice and fresh for the 3rd, then I have the right to moan about it online because I've seen it.

Soldato
I find myself curiously unmoved by the trailer, where normally it just takes the music to put a shiver down my spine. I even rolled my eyes when Finn gets to do his "wooooooo!". "Is that all you're good for in the whole trilogy?" I thought to myself.

Is... is it possible that I've fallen out of love with Star Wars? That Episode 8 has truly killed the feelings I've had since I was nine years old?

Rumours that there have been big reshoots because Disney was not happy with the movie do not fill me with confidence.

Associate
I will see it at somepoint as I want to see how it wraps up. But after seeing TLJ at midnight showing and walking out afterwards wondering "hmm wtf?" and then liking it less and less over time my expectations are low.

Soldato
TLJ was a good film as a standalone. It just did not fit the 35+ male population that had some form of stars original trilogy in their bones.

I was upset over how Luke was, I wanted him to kick a lot of sith butt and be all powerful ... But my daughter who loved it was all about Rey (the whole point) she did not care about Luke an old crusty. Just like when I was a kid I did not care about Obi as to me he was an old crusty :D

Gotta view them with different eyes now.
It really wasn't. The central premise was essentially a 5 MPH car chase where a Ferrari is chasing a Prius but decides to hang back for absolutely no reason until the Prius turns around and crashes into it. How exciting.

As for the whole 'view it with children's eyes' argument that gets thrown around a lot, no, this is a sequel, Episode Eight in fact, if those whiny old Star Wars fans hate it then you haven't done your job properly. Toy Story 4 is a good example of a sequel, TLJ isn't.

Last edited:
Soldato
I find myself curiously unmoved by the trailer, where normally it just takes the music to put a shiver down my spine. I even rolled my eyes when Finn gets to do his "wooooooo!". "Is that all you're good for in the whole trilogy?" I thought to myself.

Is... is it possible that I've fallen out of love with Star Wars? That Episode 8 has truly killed the feelings I've had since I was nine years old?

Rumours that there have been big reshoots because Disney was not happy with the movie do not fill me with confidence.

Same feelings I came out with after the trailer and I've been relatively engaged with the new trilogy, expecting **** and hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Man of Honour

Same here, I got no tingles. Hopefully they’re saving all the surprises for the film.

So many questions about palpatine though!

Soldato
Best thing about the trailer is the music.

Was just about to post the same thing. Music gave me tingles. Shame about the rest..

..for me now, star wars started and ended with the originals.

Same here.

Star Wars has been butchered.. Star Trek, Alien, Terminator. Probably others I can't think of at the moment. Really glad Bob Gale hasn't let Hollywood trash Back to the Future, although that might happen at some point..

Hollywood really is toilet.

Soldato
Same here, I got no tingles. Hopefully they’re saving all the surprises for the film.

So many questions about palpatine though!

Let's be honest, no matter what guff they offer us the real answer is: SCREAMING HOLY **** WE'VE SCREWED THE POOCH AND RUINED THE UNRUINABLE BRING BACK THE EMPEROR IT'S OUR ONLY ******* HOPE.

it won't work though, it makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom