The Outer Worlds

Caporegime
And the gamepass comment above is just silly. Added to the fact that NOTHING is free on Gamepass. It's a service you pay for. Picky as it may be, it hurts my brain when I see "free on ps plus, games with gold, gamepass etc." Its not free.

I agree with you there but it's never cost me more than £1 per month for the six or so months I've had Game Pass. That's near enough free in my eyes. :p

Soldato
Not sure that logic holds, Gears of War 5 was great and there are plenty of other games that have been available at launch that are very good.

I fully expect this to be a buggy mess so I'll be avoiding it for at least a few months but I think it'll scratch that Fallout itch once it's patched :)
Gears 5 great?! wow, not sure how anyone can claim that. It’s like a unity engine game and has such clunky “open-world” sections that have no purpose but to drag the game out. Easily the worst gears game.

Soldato
You do post some daft things.

Microsoft owns Obsidian Entertainment, and they want to put all first and second party games on game pass at launch.

Behave yourself, it’s not a Microsoft published game. The distinction for 1st party game pass titles is that they are Microsoft Studios published.

Microsoft have no need to put it on game pass.

Man of Honour
Gears 5 great?! wow, not sure how anyone can claim that. It’s like a unity engine game and has such clunky “open-world” sections that have no purpose but to drag the game out. Easily the worst gears game.

I'm trying to play it in coop and it's a buggy mess. Regular audio drops for player 2 and the camera losing connection to the player are ruining the game for me.

Behave yourself, it’s not a Microsoft published game. The distinction for 1st party game pass titles is that they are Microsoft Studios published.

Microsoft have no need to put it on game pass.

More gumpf. Obsidian Entertainment is a subsidiary of Microsoft Studios, which now makes them a first party developer.

I'll grant you that the timing of the purchase complicates things a little with the non-Microsoft publisher, but there was no way anyone sane thought that this was not going to be on Game Pass on launch day as it's a big title from a first party development team.

Edit: Being a first party developer has nothing to do with the publisher, other than traditionally the console manufacturer also publishes the game. Nintendo don't publish all of their first party games (particularly in Europe) so this is far from setting a precedent there.

Last edited:
Associate

5 was definitely the worst of the series, but I still enjoyed it. All the other games I have always had difficult putting down due to how the missions seamlessly follow into each other. With 5, I kept finding good places to stop playing for the day due to the open world nature (travel A to B) just giving me natural stopping points. Then because I had stopped playing, I found myself just playing other games instead.

Soldato
Downloading now with gamepass, great to also see Fallout New vegas on GP, I would have instantly played that as never did finish it, but with this being similar I hold off that for now.

Back
Top Bottom