2019 Chilli Growing thread

Soldato
Haha, small harvest, thats a nice haul, dont worry about them being soft, just chop up the good bits and make chilli ice cubes like i do, then just pop a ice cube or two into a chilli or any meal when needed.

Caporegime
To be honest, only around 10 were soft and I've got over 200 so I just dumped them.

Just finished stripping my Ghost plants, three colanders full and I've got even more partially ripe which I've left for a week :cool:

Caporegime
The Habanero's in the sink are from six plants and the Ghosts in the colander are from one plant. The other two Ghosts produced a similar haul each.

The Habanero's are practically bare now but the Ghosts have got around half as much left on them.

Picked a few Reapers but under decent light they're nowhere near ripe and I've got two plants full of them :(

Soldato
I picked some more fatalli yesterday, still loads on plant part ripe, if you aint grown them before, i highly recommend it, lovely taste and heat, well lemon drop and paper lantern were nice to, not so hot you cant eat them raw.

Caporegime
This year was just an exercise to see if super hots were as difficult to grow in our climate as I had read.

Planted six of each plant and never expected to end up with 11 fully grown plants, let alone so much fruit at the end of it.

I'm sure I've watched a few video reviews of the Fatalii Jigsaw, probably on Johnny Scoville's and/or Chilli Chumps YouTube channel, so I might try that if I grow again next year.

Soldato
23.5c in tunnel at the moment, also have loads of lady birds flying outside, 100's, just caught around 20 and put in tunnel, shame i did not have that many in the spring, early summer.

Associate
Very nice looking greenhouse - is it a rhino? Super tough - if I wasn't moving within the next year or two I'd have had one up

I looked at Rhino, but only place they had a showroom seemed to be down south. The one pictured is an Elite Titan 800, one of our local garden centres over in Otley is a stockist and had a nice range on display with gd knowledge of the products. Got a reasonable discount for what is a solid product with extra strong frame.

Soldato
Few more picks, getting near the end now, as the bonnets all splitting, still going to use them thou, will just dry them. anyone else have there chillis split like this ?
scotch-bonnet.jpg

20191024-152544.jpg

burkina-yellow-hab.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure whether to pick these bad boys at the weekend or leave them for another week. I'd like them to get a bit darker and hotter, because less than 2 million scovilles just isn't enough, but it's meant to get a lot colder next week.

Edit: Awesome haul once again Daytrader.

Soldato
Thx mate, quite a few of my chillis i am picking now, are not quite ripe, but the taste and heat about the same, i even tested a green chilli just about to start to ripe of each type, and the taste was about the same, and heat too, but mine are not super hots, yours are near fully ripe, there be fine, i am hoping to keep mine in the damp polly tunnel for at least a few more weeks hopefully, then if the plants aint got to much whitefly on them, will just keep in doors to finish off ripening, or just pick green an dry in oven.

Caporegime
I'm lucky in that I've got a decent sized grow tent and grow light so that reaper plant can go in there.

Going to keep some of the seeds from the pods because they're massive compared to my other plant.

Back
Top Bottom