Threats with police by company I was purchasing from

Soldato
Sorry for the length of this but I think a company I was trying to buy a motherboard from is trying to intimidate me a little.

Back ground:
I purchased a motherboard and knew fine they took a while to ship items which I was fine with as I was away from home for two weeks.
I noticed after 10 days I had still not received an email regarding shipping so called them several times. Once I got through they got on the case and was advised to keep an eye out for further emails. Pretty much as soon as I was off the phone, My order status changed to Suspected fraud.

A few calls and back and forward on emails they advised me they didn't want to talk to me and I had to raise it with Paypal as they didn't have my money.

I got my money back eventually and after being treated like an idiot by them I left some reviews on Trust pilot which they then reported saying they were fake.
I provided evidence to Trustpilot who then made them live.

Latest:
Today I've had four emails with little snippets such as:

"It should also be noted that the IP Address used to place the order xx.xx.xx.xx is not from a Static IP Address and our attempts to verify the details led us to believe the address is associate with a Proxy Server based on the information available from Zen Internet Limited"
Not too sure why they put the above in the email.

"We reserver the right now to report this matter to the local police as clearly you are stating lies about this company becasue we refused to ship the goods when we did not receive payment. It should be noted that PayPal will backup our claim and we will make the log of our account available to the police. Please see common sense and remove these false and misleading reviews before we are forced to report this matter to the local police."

This annoyed me and looking through other reviews that are starting to surface, I'm not the only one.

Would you bother responding? It makes me more adamant to ensure the reviews go live permanently now.

Permabanned
Since when do most home users have a static IP, they are mostly dynamic but sticky in that you will keep it for a long time unless you unplug your router at time the lease runs out and only then loose it if another customer needs one.

VM:

Annotation-2019-10-22-202543.jpg

Soldato
They have nothing, forget about it. The police aren't going to give a crap about some online review and there is nothing illegal about it anyway. They would have to take it up with Trustpilot since it's their site and they own it's contents (GL with that).

Paypal already refunded you so they will consider it closed and they decided in your favour.

Also, add to the review that they threatened you over it :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Deffo deffo call them out on it and stick to your guns - can you update the review at all to say they even threatened you with the police for writing the review?

Soldato
My goodness, police would never entertain a civil dispute. What an awful company to state such unprofessional rubbish. Keep up with the bad reviews and push them further afield

Caporegime
Leaving a negative review hurt their feelings and it's obviously a hate crime, I expect the police will take this matter extremely seriously.

Soldato
OP
I noticed they have multiple websites under different names and my order number works in each one of them so I've left the same review for 4 of their websites now.

Hint: Ft/lb or foot-pound is a unit of measurement for...

Guessing you can't name and shame as its a competitor, I'd love to know who it was!

I have called out the purple shirts on OcUK before due to their aggressive upselling tactics, but will put it again here:

I had to help a mate choose a computer from an insurance payout (£850 voucher) but the caveat is that the voucher was only valid to use from the purple shirts. So mate chose a high-end laptop, then a salesman took us to a side room and spent the next half an hour trying to sell Windows 8 to 10 upgrade (when it was free), MS Office, 3G data, anti-virus, cloud storage, extended warranty, help with installing the software, help with migrating data from the old PC (but old PC was written off by insurance). Ok the extended warranty is fair enough, pretty valid point, but I could do the rest by myself. The upselling of everything else gave for an unpleasant experience in the shop even though I insisted that I've worked in IT tech support for years!

Back
Top Bottom