*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
Thanks @Kreeeee - yeah we played Mario Kart as well (bless I warned them I rinsed it on the Wii U and subsequently won every race that afternoon :p). I will look at the others on that top tier list as I haven't heard of any of them bar Smash Bros.

Man of Honour
that Outer Worlds is coming to the switch at some point, meant to be quite similar to NV

I had no idea that it was coming to the Switch.

It's included in Game Pass so I'll be playing it on the XBox One, but it seems like I really could just use my Switch as my only console and only miss a few select games.

I wonder if they will have to cut content to get it on the Switch, as it's not an old game like the other "impossible ports".

Soldato
I had no idea that it was coming to the Switch.

It's included in Game Pass so I'll be playing it on the XBox One, but it seems like I really could just use my Switch as my only console and only miss a few select games.

I wonder if they will have to cut content to get it on the Switch, as it's not an old game like the other "impossible ports".

No details on content or anything as yet, but it doesn’t look massively intense graphics wise on the other consoles just has a nice art style imo.

https://youtu.be/6kKZF-FBubQ

Associate
I really wish more games had cross-saves with PC. I would live to have games like Baldurs Gate on the switch for times I want to play in bed or something - but without being on a totally different save.

Soldato
I really wish more games had cross-saves with PC. I would live to have games like Baldurs Gate on the switch for times I want to play in bed or something - but without being on a totally different save.

Some do don’t they? Tempted to get divinity 2 on the switch at some point if it ever goes on sale. I think you can port that over

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I can see why it's not that common, you are generally expected to dock the Switch when at home rather than play on another system with a double-dipped copy of the game.

Associate
I can see why it's not that common, you are generally expected to dock the Switch when at home rather than play on another system with a double-dipped copy of the game.

Yeah, but this is just the type of game I'd rather play on PC - with sometimes playing it on the Switch when I'm not at my pc.

Some do don’t they? Tempted to get divinity 2 on the switch at some point if it ever goes on sale. I think you can port that over

I think Divinity does have cross-save, so it means it can be done for other games.

Associate
Talking of Cross save, I would definitely be playing Skyrim on the Switch if I could use my PC save, I have played the opening 30 hours of Skyrim too many times, to start from the beginning, shame the Switch version will not let you start at the DLC, just like the Witcher 3.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Had my first extended session on a Switch at the weekend (beer, chicken wings, a play on the Vive Index and the Switch - oh my!!! :D:D) and I loved it! My wife liked the Wii/Wii U and it turns out even my mother-in-law plays the Wii U with her grandson. Hopefully going to get one together as our Christmas present to each other. The only question is which game(s)? They are damn expensive (how!?). I played Mario Party for the first time and think this would be a good first or second game as everyone can play but also loved Mario Tennis Aces. Zelda, Mario Odyssey and other AAA single player games will have to wait.

I usually have my bro come over every few weeks for an evening of multiplayer fun, so I have dabbled with a lot of cheapo games, usually grabbing them on sale, most less than £5. Some of the ones we have found entertaining:
Nine Parchments (extra amusing with friendly fire turned on)
Trine 2
Tesla vs Lovecraft (Twin Stick Shooter)
Enter the Gungeon (though I prefer Tesla vs Lovecraft)
Vertical Drop Heroes (very simple game but oddly fun)
Son of a Witch (Sword n Sorcery Twin Stick Shooter)

Also have Bomberman and Death Squared but they are best with 4 players. I also have the Mana Collection, because Secret of Mana is awesome - multiplayer Zelda type game. But it is pricey, I bought it on sale but it was still quite expensive.

Associate
For a 9 year old maybe look at

Mario odeysse
Luigi's mansion ( comes out on the 31st of Oct)
Yoshi's crafted world
Splatoon 2
Pokémon let's go
Pokémon sword/ shield ( Comes out in November)
Crash team racing since he likes mario kart

Soldato
For a 9 year old, Kirby Star Allies? Yoshi's crafted world is a good one suggested. Maybe Toads Treasure tracker if they like puzzles.

I've been playing Links Awakening and can see why everyone likes it so much. It's pretty simple, but just enjoyable gaming fun. Wish I'd had it on the Gameboy all those years ago.

Back
Top Bottom