**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Finally got my hands on an 45W, tested it just now at work. Sorry i got abit distracted on the 95 to 100% but then we know it throttles by that point anyway.

0 to 22% in 7 minutes
0 to 30% in 10 minutes
0 to 53% in 20 minutes (-7%)
0 to 77% in 30 minutes (-13%)
0 to 90% in 41 minutes
0 to 95% in 51 minutes
0 to 100% in 61 minutes (could be less time to 100% by a couple if minutes tbh)

25w charging test taken from online as not done this one yet.
10min~22%
30min~64%
60min~96%
64min~100%

Bonkers aren't they :) I finally got a sample and on a quick test I couldn't believe how fast the battery was going up.. so fast I don't actually have a use for one because I never need that much juice going into my phone!

Associate
The OP 7t series removed the throttling. If Samsung did the same it would 0 to 100 in 33 minutes, give or take. In the end though it's all academic because I would never do that on a daily basis but if I needed to I would like to have the option open to me. A couple of dozen times a year at 45watts shouldn't kill the battery life to impacting levels over a typical 2 year ownership.

Associate
Looks like Beta for Android 10 will not be released today but Thursday, though it's unclear if that day is just for South Korea or Europe included. In the Samsung Members app >> Bell icon (Notices) >> you will see an entry for beta signup if your handset is applicable.

Soldato
Looks like Beta for Android 10 will not be released today but Thursday, though it's unclear if that day is just for South Korea or Europe included. In the Samsung Members app >> Bell icon (Notices) >> you will see an entry for beta signup if your handset is applicable.

Still debating if to install the beta . Previous I've had no problems but you never know :(

Associate
Nothing in the notifications for the 4G Note 10+ as yet.

Soldato
The Audioquest cable came this weekend so I have tested against the £6 cable & i have to say WOW what a massive difference. Everything is so clear. crisp & open with Audioquest cable.

Expensive - Maybe
Worth the Money - Differently
Do is make a difference - Hell you bet it does.

Just lol. That's entirely placebo and your brain trying to justify the fact you spent £60 on a cable that can physically not make any difference to the quality of sound you hear. Like Tephnos says - you can't make digital audio sound better with a different cable. 1s and 0s are just that. 1s and 0s, a different cable can't make better or worse 1s and 0s :o

The whole DAC/USB cable adaptor thing does seem to be mine field with these phones though.

Associate
Text from Bank.

"Samsung are working to fix a known issue with the Fingerprint recognition feature on Note 10 devices. Whilst they do this, we recommend disabling Fingerprint login on your Barclaycard app. Please use a 5-digit passcode for now. We'll be back in touch to let you know when to switch it back on. Your Barclaycard Team"

Won't impact Samsung like the exploding battery debacle but makes you wonder if certain news outlets & companies pushed the narrative that Samsung devices are inherently insecure. Luckily not a single person in my office had heard of this finger print issue

Soldato
Text from Bank.

"Samsung are working to fix a known issue with the Fingerprint recognition feature on Note 10 devices. Whilst they do this, we recommend disabling Fingerprint login on your Barclaycard app. Please use a 5-digit passcode for now. We'll be back in touch to let you know when to switch it back on. Your Barclaycard Team"

Won't impact Samsung like the exploding battery debacle but makes you wonder if certain news outlets & companies pushed the narrative that Samsung devices are inherently insecure. Luckily not a single person in my office had heard of this finger print issue

My 5G did get that small update few days ago so wondering if that was the fix or or its to come

Associate
Just lol. That's entirely placebo and your brain trying to justify the fact you spent £60 on a cable that can physically not make any difference to the quality of sound you hear. Like Tephnos says - you can't make digital audio sound better with a different cable. 1s and 0s are just that. 1s and 0s, a different cable can't make better or worse 1s and 0s :o

The whole DAC/USB cable adaptor thing does seem to be mine field with these phones though.

As I am the one who has done back to back listening, I can assure you there is a difference.

Soldato
Yes, humans have the innate ability to actually hear differences like that which don't exist in reality, but because you believe there will be, can hear them regardless. It's called placebo and is well known.

Unless you blind test without having any idea of which cable is which your testing methodology is flawed and will introduce bias. Back to back testing is also pretty flawed - humans have an audio memory of less than 7 seconds. You'd need a switcher that could rapidly change the input at a flick to actually do a fair comparison.

It's great that you're happy, but realise that what you are stating is not a scientific truth as it is proven fact you cannot upgrade the quality of a digital signal. The big problem in audiophilia is people who succumb to this effect and parrot their placebo as a hard truth when it is very likely others won't hear a damn thing.

Soldato
As I am the one who has done back to back listening, I can assure you there is a difference.

And I can assure you that physics is physics. The 1s and 0s either get to their destination, or they do not. There is no special super shiny 1 or 0 that sounds better. A better more expensive cable that passes a digital audio signal, does not result in better sound quality.

A blind test over a number of test would prove that you cannot hear a difference, and your brain is (as stated previously) doing a wonderful job of telling you there is a difference (because it knows you've spent more money on said cable and you want there to be a difference) when in fact there is not.

Back
Top Bottom