Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Caporegime
Had this & The Outer Worlds preloading at the same time :eek::D still have 72GB left to go :eek: then Red Dead2 will come along & I need another additional new HD!!
A new 1TB drive I bought a couple of weeks back is nearly full already.

Wanted to stay away from cabled drives, but might just make do with one and stick a 2TB in there and be done with it.

Associate
It works fine, I had the beta for my PC, and my son had it for his Xbox. We could chat to each other no problem. However there was no private party chat, everyone in the lobby can hear you. Lead to me having to defend my 9yo son from some toxic players unfortunately, although the majority were fine. That's Cod for you though.
Thank you, it was private chat that I was mainly interested in. Will need to look into the best way we can do private chat, probably will have to be discord with the Xbox user using his phone I imagine.

Man of Honour
A new 1TB drive I bought a couple of weeks back is nearly full already.

Wanted to stay away from cabled drives, but might just make do with one and stick a 2TB in there and be done with it.
2TB Corsair MP510 nVME isn't too expensive. I'm using that as my main drive and a Samsung Evo 1 TB as a backup/VM drive.

Soldato
So whats going on with this? Did they confirm absolutely NO lootboxes? And if so, does anyone know how the 'battlepasses' will work? Is it essentially pay to win with it taking weeks to grind out the equivalent of a BP only to catch up and then see a new one come out?

I really want to try this but it's Activision and I do NOT trust them at all at this point.

Soldato
Aparently for only showing your gaming status not cross platform audio

Wait what? that's dumb given the Microsoft gamer tag thing already does that with windows.

So whats going on with this? Did they confirm absolutely NO lootboxes? And if so, does anyone know how the 'battlepasses' will work? Is it essentially pay to win with it taking weeks to grind out the equivalent of a BP only to catch up and then see a new one come out?

I really want to try this but it's Activision and I do NOT trust them at all at this point.

THEY(activision) have said no lootboxes *doesn't mean their wont be* They will be doing a battle pass similar to fortnight/pubg ect that host various themed challenges that from what i have read will only unlock cosmetics. All content crutial to the balence of the game can be unlocked through game play and that buying the battle pass wont give you an advantage outside of cosmetics........ They said.

On a side note there won't be a battlepass at launch so we won't actually get a detailed look at what it involves.

Soldato
THEY(activision) have said no lootboxes *doesn't mean their wont be* They will be doing a battle pass similar to fortnight/pubg ect that host various themed challenges that from what i have read will only unlock cosmetics. All content crutial to the balence of the game can be unlocked through game play and that buying the battle pass wont give you an advantage outside of cosmetics........ They said.

On a side note there won't be a battlepass at launch so we won't actually get a detailed look at what it involves.

I really hope so, if Activision hold back from the greed and release a good CoD without all the thievery (lootboxes, pay to win etc), they could win back a huge player back in my opinion. I'm really excited for a decent CoD since the last good one in my eyes was MW2. But, as mentioned, I'm going to hold off for a couple of months I think to see if they start sneaking things in like the recent CoD which is now in a disgusting pay to win state.

Soldato
I really hope so, if Activision hold back from the greed and release a good CoD without all the thievery (lootboxes, pay to win etc), they could win back a huge player back in my opinion. I'm really excited for a decent CoD since the last good one in my eyes was MW2. But, as mentioned, I'm going to hold off for a couple of months I think to see if they start sneaking things in like the recent CoD which is now in a disgusting pay to win state.

:) yeah i will be thoroughly checking it at launch to see if there is any info in their about stuff like this :) more than happy to post anything in here that looks iffy.

I do hate the way games monetise stuff now and hope that this is a step in the right direction.

main issues i have are below with the monetisation of games are below

#1 the gambling of loot boxes to get cosmetics. I like the old method of cosmetics where a really cool set of skins are designed and then sold for a reasonable price and you buy it knowing exactly what you are getting.
#2 Offering players an unfair advantage based on the size of their wallet. This is absolutely terrible and needs to stop. Hopefully cod won't fall down this rabbit hole.

Im curious as i haven't played any cod in recent years ( apart from a few weeks of blackout when that launched with bo4 ) how did they actually make it p2w ?

Back
Top Bottom