BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I want to replace my Fabia with something of a similar size so I’ve been looking at The A class, A3, golf and 1 series.

Ideally I want to spend 6 to 10k. I found a high miles (130k) 120i m sport which looks reasonable. Are they good reliable engines? A 120d with under 100k seems to be about the same price.

You could get a lovely little Audi A1 instead. ;)

Man of Honour
question is how many m3's are the Chinese market actually buying though for them to ruin their car with these horrible front ends?
i'm guessing as long as they sell more than the amount of peeps in the EU/UK/NA markets they have mostly alienated...it's good bean counter maths...
if the new 4-series looks as hideous as this...i'm jumping ship to audi :D

Soldato
Other than the fact it has a BMW badge on it what is it that appeals to you about that car? It's absolutely bottom of the range.

I suppose the biggest appeal is that it’s a straight swap for the existing car.

We’ve enjoyed the old 1 series and spec wise they’re not that different and I don’t need flashy specs, just something that’s enjoyable to drive.

Recommended alternatives around the same price range?

Man of Honour
I suppose the biggest appeal is that it’s a straight swap for the existing car.

We’ve enjoyed the old 1 series and spec wise they’re not that different and I don’t need flashy specs, just something that’s enjoyable to drive.

Recommended alternatives around the same price range?

What does she currently have and why the change?

Soldato
I know of someone with a poverty spec 118d, it is awful to drive. I'd much rather a higher spec Skoda or Seat etc for the same price.

Only 1 series I'd be getting is an m140i or 135.

Soldato
I know there's no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb people, however I have a dumb question :/

Why does my steering on my M2 Competition always start in Sport? When I turn it off it's in comfort. M1/M2 have completely different settings so it's not those.

What am I missing. Derp.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I know there's no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb people, however I have a dumb question :/

Why does my steering on my M2 Competition always start in Sport? When I turn it off it's in comfort. M1/M2 have completely different settings so it's not those.

What am I missing. Derp.

M Key settings probably. If it is the same as in my E92, go to your M settings and then go right into the 'invisible' menu and you'll find the M Key setting option. There you can set the configuration of the car for that key.

Back
Top Bottom