39 Bodies found in Lorry in Essex

Soldato
Disgusting the way this has been handled by the Police and media.

He was, at that point, their only witness, only suspect and had a truck filled with 39 bodies. There was no way he was ever not going to be arrested otherwise how is the investigation supposed to proceed?

It is impressive how so many people in the haulage/trucking industry on social media have spontaneously become Major Incident Enquiry experts.

Caporegime
So the timings are quite revealing. The driver picked up the trailer in his own tractor unit at 1:05 and drove to the industrial estate a few miles away. The emergency services, I think ambulance first from what I’ve read were called at 1:40am. It certainly sounds like the driver was the one who called the ambulance service at least. It does sound like they, perhaps anyway, were already dead when he collected the trailer and that he was the one who called the emergency services. To see him ‘strung up’ by the red top papers and social media and so called legitimate news sites is very disappointing. Thousands now think him a murderer when he could be the one who called the emergency services.

Soldato
Not as silly as your reply apparently, can you not read? the lorry was parked where there have been previous reports of people jumping out of lorries, got it now????

But that's likely because it's an industrial estate close to a shipping terminal. If there's going to be a higher than average number of reports of migrants anywhere, it's going to be there, where lorries are moving and parking up regularly. I doubt it's been picked as a specific drop off point for illegal migrants. The act of parking a lorry on an industrial estate doesn't strike me as innately suspicious.

Soldato
He was, at that point, their only witness, only suspect and had a truck filled with 39 bodies. There was no way he was ever not going to be arrested otherwise how is the investigation supposed to proceed?

It is impressive how so many people in the haulage/trucking industry on social media have spontaneously become Major Incident Enquiry experts.
I've not seen anyone claiming to be an expert, we are however much better informed about the workings of the industry and potential scenarios which led to this happening.

Look at the media speculation, they were at one point reporting that he'd entered through entirely different routes to what we now know, which is that he only picked it up from Purfleet after being unattended for a while (this happens all time).

Soldato

Nothing wrong in what the Police have done, of course they would arrest him on 'suspicion', it's the way to get the interview official etc. The longer he remains in custody though, the worse it would seem for him.

What is uncomfortable is the media searching out his name and details (the police wouldn't have divulged it) and plastering it over the front pages. But I'm torn on the issue, as they are just printing the facts "X person has been arrested on suspicion of Y" but it's the speculation it causes and people thinking he's automatically guilty that's wrong.

Soldato
Look at the front page of today's Sun and consider that the Police have confirmed the trailer was only in his possession for 35mins.

On what planet is that remotely acceptable.

Caporegime
Look at the front page of today's Sun and consider that the Police have confirmed the trailer was only in his possession for 35mins.

On what planet is that remotely acceptable.
Indeed. It’s likely he was the one who called the emergency services yet he’s being painted as a mass murderer.

Soldato
So the timings are quite revealing. The driver picked up the trailer in his own tractor unit at 1:05 and drove to the industrial estate a few miles away. The emergency services, I think ambulance first from what I’ve read were called at 1:40am. It certainly sounds like the driver was the one who called the ambulance service at least. It does sound like they, perhaps anyway, were already dead when he collected the trailer and that he was the one who called the emergency services. To see him ‘strung up’ by the red top papers and social media and so called legitimate news sites is very disappointing. Thousands now think him a murderer when he could be the one who called the emergency services.

From what I've read, the ambulance was on the scene shortly after 1.30am, so must've been called earlier.

Soldato
Indeed. It’s likely he was the one who called the emergency services yet he’s being painted as a mass murderer.

But was he in on it. Thats the question. He clearly didnt murder those people with his own hand, no one is saying he did.

If i was a trucker and got an anonymous job to collect a trailer at 1 in the morning and take it to a roadside in a backstreet industrial estate, only a few miles away, in the middle of the night, with an instruction to open it, well that would be very odd job to accept i think.

Soldato
But was he in on it. Thats the question. He clearly didnt murder those people with his own hand, no one is saying he did.

If i was a trucker and got an anonymous job to collect a trailer at 1 in the morning and take it to a roadside in a backstreet industrial estate, only a few miles away, in the middle of the night, with an instruction to open it, well that would be very odd job to accept i think.

You think wrong

Soldato
You think wrong

Because?

Turn that scenario around. Let's say he knew he was smuggling immigrants and found them dead, why would he grass himself up and not just shut the door to run.

Perhaps he knew he would be easily caught, cctv, roadside cameras etc. Tractor unit was his right? Would be worse for him if he did a runner probably.

He may not have known what was in the truck, but to me you get a job with those instructions, there is something odd about it. If you dont question it then youre just playing ignorant.

His truck wasnt delivered to a specific factory unit, it was opened on the roadside.

Soldato
Turn that scenario around. Let's say he knew he was smuggling immigrants and found them dead, why would he grass himself up and not just shut the door to run.

Well he's not daft he knew he would be caught sooner or later and the gravity of what he saw would have sparked him into some sense of honesty.

Soldato
I’m already seeing outraged posts from your classic BNP supporter on Facebook supporting the lorry driver. The dead aren’t important as they were ILEGAL IMIGRANRS!!! (sic)

Soldato
Could the people not just by a plane ticket and stay illegally then, if they can afford to pay their smugglers?

Yes they do it with Turkish Airlines €60 ticket to Instabul from every country in the world. Then depending whom they contact, either try to cross to Bulgaria, or take one way trip to Greece with a boat which will sink the moment the Greek coastal guard or Frontex sees them to be "rescued". Best case they arrive to a Greek island and sink the boat at the shores. They go to the nearby NGO controlled camp center, register, getting €500 per month and living in appalling conditions until they move to mainland Greece in camps and houses paid by the NGOs forever.

Those who want to truly work even illegally go through Bulgaria, because the northern borders from Greece are closed to everyone since 2015 (FYROM, Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Romania).

Those who believe these are Syrians are ignorant. Syrians stopped moving towards Europe since 2016. Their composition is Afgans, Iraqis, Somalians, from 17 countries of South Africa and South America.
Anyone but Syrians.

If someone says that the above results forcibly changing the demographic of Greece nah, they are here for holidays nah all 2.6 million of them are here on long term holidays. Since they do not have to work.....

Back
Top Bottom