The Outer Worlds

Soldato
So far for me it’s very much like New Vegas. I’m not far in but really enjoying it. Taking my time exploring everywhere and working out the inventory etc...

Man of Honour
I believe it has fixed areas you travel to as you progress, guess the areas are big enough not to notice, doesn't bother me.

There is linear progression and gated areas. It's not like Skyrim or Zelda BoTW with one huge single map that is freely explorable from the outset.

I really enjoy it, and prefer this style to full open worlds.

Soldato
OP
There is linear progression and gated areas. It's not like Skyrim or Zelda BoTW with one huge single map that is freely explorable from the outset.

So is it a bit like Borderlands world wise?

Soldato

Just started it, not got far but it feels very open to me, Im not fussed either way. Loving it so far, think someone else mentioned it but its a shame about no HDR, it looks great but this game would look great with it as well.

Loving how smooth the gameplay is, I was worried it would be a bit rubbish but its silky smooth.

Soldato
Got a bit of frame rate drop during the introduction video, which wasn't a good sign, anyone else? Xbox One X. Gameplay frame rate hasn't dropped though at least.

Soldato
To clarify I mean the entire map is split into sections like Borderlands. Not like Fallout NV, Skyrim etc. Looks damn pretty though. Downloading now, my arm has been twisted by screenshots.

Last edited:
Soldato
About 4 hours in, taking my time and exploring everything so have a heap of cash. I would recommend getting the carry more weight perk or you'll be scrapping stuff a lot.

So far it's been good fun, nothing really new but it's well done and (so far) no bugs at all. Combat is functional rather than great, enemies tend to either charge or just take pot shots from the nearest cover.

Soldato
About 4 hours in, taking my time and exploring everything so have a heap of cash. I would recommend getting the carry more weight perk or you'll be scrapping stuff a lot.

So far it's been good fun, nothing really new but it's well done and (so far) no bugs at all. Combat is functional rather than great, enemies tend to either charge or just take pot shots from the nearest cover.

That was the first perk I got, remember from previous games that it's a useful perk to have early on.

Soldato
Finished this last night, took just over 20 hours and that was doing ~90% of sidequests. Quite enjoyed it although by the end I was rather tired of the number of fetch quests and the main story never really builds a proper head of steam. A couple of the sidequests were interesting but most were pretty formulaic and I actually sighed at how unoriginal some of them were because you could see the "twist" coming a mile off but had to go find 3 McGuffins first. One of the companion quests said you on a rather daft number of steps, spending a ton of money just to arrange a date.

On a very positive note I didn't encounter a single bug which was a pleasant surprise!

Definitely worth playing if you have Game Pass but I'd probably not pay full price for it as it's decent enough to pass the time rather than being anything special.

Soldato
You must be taking your time more than me, I didn't feel I rushed particularly but maybe should have bumped the difficulty as the combat was very easy from about 4-5 hours in.

Tip for anyone else: Invest in picking, hacking and lie skills as they're about the most useful. Far too many containers need the picking skill even if they contain just some money.

Soldato
I explore loads have spent hours wandering around. I have done and picked up a lot of side quests which I have been doing not really done much of the main quests yet. I’m at 22 hours now.....

I have done every side quest I have come across there has been a fair few...

Last edited:
Soldato
Just finished it really enjoyed it although it’s no Fallout for me. It also felt a bit short and just ended really. Not sure I would play again...

7/10.....

Soldato
Same sentiment here, the main quest never really got going and probably lasted 5-6 hours at most. I wouldn't play it again either although I don't regret playing it (especially since it was part of Game Pass).

Soldato
OP
Game is already at about £30 glad I waited. Think I will hold out for as long as I can and pick it up when it's cheaper still.

Only just finished Borderlands 3 main story.

Back
Top Bottom