Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
My biggest complaint is just how god damn miserable the MP maps feel. Most of them just look so depressing and grey. I guess that's the setting of the story though

Interesting you should say that :) what maps do you enjoy from other games? as im finding some of these thoroughly enjoyable. Gritty sure but if i wanted happy rainbows i would be playing minecraft :p

Man of Honour
Anyone playing SP campaign? Second mission.

Pretty sure at Piccadilly Circus said it's 1980? Yet the cars are modern and there's a bomb vest which is triggered by a smart phone?

Edit, I played it again, I misread it. It's 2019 at 1800

Associate
Interesting you should say that :) what maps do you enjoy from other games? as im finding some of these thoroughly enjoyable. Gritty sure but if i wanted happy rainbows i would be playing minecraft :p

I guess it's a personal preference. To me the post-apocalyptic communist-era type setting has very little appeal and every map I've played so far just feels completely run down. Again, that's probably just the story setting (I've yet to play SP).

Not sure about the Minecraft comparison... Any other major FPS has less depressing maps in my opinion. Whether it's Battlefield, Overwatch or the last Black Ops.

Either way the game runs really good and the guns are awesome

Soldato
I guess it's a personal preference. To me the post-apocalyptic communist-era type setting has very little appeal and every map I've played so far just feels completely run down. Again, that's probably just the story setting (I've yet to play SP).

Not sure about the Minecraft comparison... Any other major FPS has less depressing maps in my opinion. Whether it's Battlefield, Overwatch or the last Black Ops.

I remember back in the good old days of running round an airport. That was a good map.

Soldato

Overwatch I understand but your right it's certainly preferences

No doubt they will add old maps later :)

Associate
I'm really torn on which system to get this for. PS4 Pro hooked up to an OLED TV with a Bowers & Wilkins 5.1 system or a high end gaming PC with an ultrawide and Arctis pro headphones. Both have their pros and cons. A lot of the levels look quite dark so the OLED will look amazing but then the PC will have higher fidelity and keyboard and mouse beats controller any day. Then there is the sound....

Associate
I'm really torn on which system to get this for. PS4 Pro hooked up to an OLED TV with a Bowers & Wilkins 5.1 system or a high end gaming PC with an ultrawide and Arctis pro headphones. Both have their pros and cons. A lot of the levels look quite dark so the OLED will look amazing but then the PC will have higher fidelity and keyboard and mouse beats controller any day. Then there is the sound....

PC/Ultrawide player here, Its fantastic, and very immersive.

As for sound, I use Sennheiser GSP 500, and the GSX 1000, with the 7.1 setting on. Wow, sound stage is incredible, can hear everything with fantastic clarity, direction of footsteps, if above or below. Fantastic!

I like the maps that i have played so far. Just played Arklov peaks? on domination large, and it was great fun, plenty big enough, with flanking routes to get behind enemy. Im enjoying it so far. Only played the first level of single player however.

Now I have to go to work, boo.

Soldato

plug the pc into the oled if you desire. But you will regret it at a choppy 30 fps trying to do 60 on console.

Man of Honour
I have a PC, PS4 and One X. Both consoles are plugged into a 65" OLED and I didn't hesitate at all buying the game for my PC. Consoles are good, but they're for console exclusive titles for me.

Associate
If your debating whether to get an fps game on console or PC i feel sorry for you, PC will always be the winner here.
how bad has your PC got to be to even consider buying the console version instead

My PC will run it at max settings at 3440x1400 G-Sync. It's the fact that the console is hooked up to an OLED display which is in a different league to my PC monitor for actual picture. In addition I have a proper home cinema 5.1 setup so the sound is significantly better as well.

Associate
got this cod its the first on in 10 years lol.i got a reddem code for captain price i went onto the cod website and redeemed the code on it but its not showing in my game.any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom