• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.2 Highlights
Support For

• Call of Duty™: Modern Warfare
    • With ultra presets on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 18% better performance playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 edition 19.10.2 than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1. RS-322
  • The Outer Worlds™
    • With very high presets on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 8% better performance playing The Outer Worlds with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 edition 19.10.2 than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.10.1. RS-321
  • Chernobylite™ Early Access
Fixed Issues
  • Launching League of Legends™ may cause the display to remain blank for a few seconds.
  • Radeon Chill may create an incorrect registry entry when enabled or disabled.
  • Borderlands 3™ may experience an application hang after running the in-game benchmark or changing resolutions.
  • Flicker may be experienced while playing media in Movies and TV application when using some displays connected via USB Type-C.
  • Some Radeon RX Vega and Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience a thread stuck crash or TDR when there is a high GPU load active.
Known Issues
  • The Outer Worlds may experience character models being rendered incorrectly on the inventory screen.
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.
  • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
  • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
So no improvements for vega on The Outer Worlds?

Soldato
Vega64 is still performing well personally, will probably upgrade next round of gpus though.

I'm sure the latest driver will improve Outer Worlds perf a bit even for non 5700xt cards. Might not be 8% but if there are optimizations there for the game, I'm sure they carry across to other gpus.

Associate
I've just Clean-installed Adrenalin 19.10.2 (First attempt failed, but got there 2nd time around)

Anybody else noticed that the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan has been removed by this update?

To make sure I wasn't going mad, I re-installed the latest AMD Chipset Drivers (Win1903x64 version from gigabyte website) - this returned Ryzen Balanced, but it also overwrote the Adrenalin update and regressed to 19.10.16.

After which I performed another 19.10.2 Clean Install - worked first time this time - but it definitely appears to have wiped my Ryzen Balanced Power Plan from my system.

Soldato
I've just Clean-installed Adrenalin 19.10.2 (First attempt failed, but got there 2nd time around)

Anybody else noticed that the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan has been removed by this update?

To make sure I wasn't going mad, I re-installed the latest AMD Chipset Drivers (Win1903x64 version from gigabyte website) - this returned Ryzen Balanced, but it also overwrote the Adrenalin update and regressed to 19.10.16.

After which I performed another 19.10.2 Clean Install - worked first time this time - but it definitely appears to have wiped my Ryzen Balanced Power Plan from my system.
Hmm, that sounds like a candidate for bug report.

Associate

These are two completely different driver packages, one for the motherboard chipset and the other being for the GPUs. They should live independently of each other afiak.

Associate
I did a clean install this morning, Ryzen Balanced still there.

As above, 2 different packages, unless he did a DDU that uninstalls ALL AMD drivers.

I used the AMD proprietary equivalent of DDU between the first and second Clean Install.

And yes - I was quite surprised when I run the "chipset" drivers that it used the Adrenalin software to complete the install. Very weird, I thought.

That brought the Ryzen Balanced back, anyway, only for it to disappear when I reinstated 19.10.2.

I wonder if this is related to my current issue of the PC shutting down when under "high load" gaming conditions in the middle of games?

Associate
I used the AMD proprietary equivalent of DDU between the first and second Clean Install.

And yes - I was quite surprised when I run the "chipset" drivers that it used the Adrenalin software to complete the install. Very weird, I thought.

That brought the Ryzen Balanced back, anyway, only for it to disappear when I reinstated 19.10.2.

I wonder if this is related to my current issue of the PC shutting down when under "high load" gaming conditions in the middle of games?

Oh the AMDCleanupUtility.exe, i use that when my PC is having issues.

Last time i had PC shutting down on me was when my old Corsair HX520 PSU got clogged up with dust, after taking it apart and cleaning it all out it didnt happen again.

So what PSU do you have?

Associate
Oh the AMDCleanupUtility.exe, i use that when my PC is having issues.

Last time i had PC shutting down on me was when my old Corsair HX520 PSU got clogged up with dust, after taking it apart and cleaning it all out it didnt happen again.

So what PSU do you have?

It's a very recent OCUK build with a Kolink 850W semi-modular design.

Based on the OCUK Citizen machine with OCUK options, OCUK upgrade 2600X, and a AiO cooler and fans custom fitted to fix heat issues identified after delivery - see my signature.

Soldato
Well that's interesting.

I've been playing Outer Worlds all day just fine on 19.9.1, but after seeing a new driver posted above decided to download and try the game to see if any improvements to the game. The screen just flashes white all the time now, loads of shapes all over the place, light sources everywhere. Uninstalled, cleaned with AMD cleanuputility and tried again, nope same issue. Tried a third time but this time DDU, nope still showing the same flashing white shapes all over the screen.

Just rolled back to the one I was on before, all is fine again.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well that's interesting.

I've been playing Outer Worlds all day just fine on 19.9.1, but after seeing a new driver posted above decided to download and try the game to see if any improvements to the game. The screen just flashes white all the time now, loads of shapes all over the place, light sources everywhere. Uninstalled, cleaned with AMD cleanuputility and tried again, nope same issue. Tried a third time but this time DDU, nope still showing the same flashing white shapes all over the screen.

Just rolled back to the one I was on before, all is fine again.
I have played the game with both drivers with no issues myself.

Back
Top Bottom