• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recommended card for £300-£350 budget?

Associate
OP
You can just squeeze a reference RX 5700 XT in
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-198-pc.html

And at that prices there's probably little point in looking at the non-XT

There is the Red Devil Vega 56 at £300
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-193-pc.html

i'll leave others to suggest 2nd hand options.

Thanks. A 5700 XT was on my radar, but I read that they run very hot - My case isn't the biggest (Raijintek Thetis), so is quite a warm environment already. Food for thought though.

Soldato
Thanks. A 5700 XT was on my radar, but I read that they run very hot - My case isn't the biggest (Raijintek Thetis), so is quite a warm environment already. Food for thought though.
Nah, the 5700 XT's temps are fine with some tweaking. Reviewers don't do undervolting and fan curve tests as part of their review so things always look worse than they are in the real world. There are 5700 XT owners on these forums who will attest to that fact.

I'd also say that a blower style cooler would be better for your Thetis to expel heat straight out of the case rather than a dual fan hobby dumping heat back inside.

Associate
Nah, the 5700 XT's temps are fine with some tweaking. Reviewers don't do undervolting and fan curve tests as part of their review so things always look worse than they are in the real world. There are 5700 XT owners on these forums who will attest to that fact.

I'd also say that a blower style cooler would be better for your Thetis to expel heat straight out of the case rather than a dual fan hobby dumping heat back inside.

I agree it'll be absolutely fine and dandy. The drawback will be extra noise when you use custom fan curves to expel the heat, though, so do bear that in mind.

But saying that - this is where my money would probably go...

Back
Top Bottom