Poll: Mexican Grand Prix 2019, Mexico City - Race 18/21

Rate the 2019 Mexican Grand Prix out of ten!

• Total voters
Man of Honour
GZS9DsQ.png
Mexico City
When was the track built?
In 1959. The father of Mexico’s most famous racing brothers, Ricardo and Pedro Rodriguez, was an advisor to Mexican President Adolfo Lopez Mateo, and had a word in his boss’s ear about building a racing circuit in Mexico City’s Magdalena Mixiuhca sports park using the existing internal roads. El Presidente liked the idea, and work on the track was completed in under a year.
When was its first Grand Prix?
Formula 1 cars arrived in 1962 for a non-championship race, returning the following year for a proper, bona fide Grand Prix. That 1963 race was won by Jim Clark, while for the next few years, Mexico’s fiesta vibes meant it became the traditional season-ender for Formula 1. Mexico was welcomed back onto the F1 calendar in 2015.
What’s the circuit like?
High up! The Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez sits over 2km above sea level, making the 4.3km lap a breathless experience. The track still largely follows the outline of the original 1959 circuit, the main difference being that the spectacular – and spectacularly scary – Peralta corner is now bisected, with the circuit instead winding through the old Foro Sol baseball stadium, providing one F1’s most unique vistas.
Why go?
Mexico City is one of the world’s most buzzing, vibrant metropolises. And with the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez located just to the east of the city, with a metro station ready to whip you into the downtown at the end of each day’s racing action, the Mexican Grand Prix is a fantastic chance to properly mix sport and culture.
Where is the best place to watch?
Fight tooth and nail for a spot in the Foro Sol. Not only will you get to peer down into the cockpits of the drivers as they pass through the stadium, but the atmosphere when the podium ceremony unfolds there has to be experienced to be believed.

TV Times
Sky:
UyIIKUd.png
C4:
Saturday - 10.45pm Qualifying Highlights
Sunday - 11pm Race Highlights

Track Diagram & Information
p1uOzlg.png

Weather Forecast
mGK932n.png

2018 Race Highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...exican-grand-prix.30K1XRsUfK0smmy2GMUCKE.html

WDC Standings
vJDAGFu.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
DtFunEy.png

Practice 1
rRZYhEq.png

Practice 2
t85dpdl.png

Practice 3
B7GUd4e.png

Qualifying
9try9mL.png

Race
JckELGr.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers Shimmy.

First chance of sealing championship #6 for Hamilton this weekend:
For Hamilton to be champion at the Mexican GP, the following permutations apply:
  • If Hamilton takes victory (25pts) and fastest lap (1pt), he will be champion if Bottas finishes fourth (12pts) or lower
  • If Hamilton takes victory without the fastest lap, he will be champion if Bottas finishes fifth (10pts) or lower
  • If Hamilton finishes second (18pts) with the fastest lap (1pt), he will be champion if Bottas finishes eighth (4pts) or lower
  • If Hamilton finishes second without the fastest lap, he will be champion if Bottas finishes eighth, without the fastest lap, or lower.
  • If Hamilton finishes third (15pts) with the fastest lap (1pt), he will be champion if Bottas finishes ninth (2pts) or lower
  • If Hamilton finishes third without the fastest lap, he will be champion if Bottas finishes 10th or lower without the fastest lap
But...
  • If Hamilton finishes fourth or lower, the title race definitely goes on to the United States GP next week

Soldato
will be shown free of charge in six countries: Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway and Sweden on the main website twitch.tv

So I would guess we would need a German VPN to be able to watch it? I have never seen a country-specific Twitch stream though.

Soldato
Cheers Shimmy.

First chance of sealing championship #6 for Hamilton this weekend:

With the permutations you listed all dependent on Bottas coming 4th or lower AND Lewis needing a fastest lap depending on where Bottas is, I can't really see him wrapping it up tomorrow. Certainly possible but probably unlikely.

Man of Honour
With the permutations you listed all dependent on Bottas coming 4th or lower AND Lewis needing a fastest lap depending on where Bottas is, I can't really see him wrapping it up tomorrow. Certainly possible but probably unlikely.

Agreed. Hard to see it happening here.

I like a dinner time race :)

Soldato
Agreed. Hamilton has never really gone well here so the chances were slim to begin with, barring a Bottas retirement. I'd expect he'd rather do it in the States next weekend anyway, as he can have all his friends along. for the afterparty

Soldato
Twitch can do region locking. Only seen it on their sponsored channels though. Often gets implemented when they do reruns of old shows, some are US/Canada only

Old shows? I thought Twitch is some kind of gaming site where people sit and watch others playing games. What are doing broadcasting TV shows? I would have though they should instead be on Amazon

Back
Top Bottom