**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Caporegime
Does anyone here have the one plus 7 Pro 5g?
I'm waiting patiently for the android 10 update, but it's not arrived still, anyone know anything?

You get it from EE? If so it's probably the network holding the update up.

I thought OnePlus supplied a cheapo get-you-by case as well - is that no longer true?

You get a clear slightly soft case. It's actually alright.

Caporegime
There is a huge thread of people arguing, oneplus said ee are holding it back, rest oneplus haven't released it.... Many upset people, in slowly joining them, oneplus 6 had android 10 before the op7 pro 5g

I'm going to say it's EE. In the past when I had Samsungs locked to them they were woeful at getting updates sorted.

Soldato
So. This arrived today
Much prefer it to the 7T (non pro)
Did you have a 7t or try it? I'm still getting used to my 7t Pro. I was 50/50 for the first day or so but I think I'm happy with it now. The screen is amazing and although I am definitely a flat screen advocate this is possibly the best implementation of a curved screen I've used. You still get the slight distortion and blue vignetting which I could do without but more importantly there is still a modicum of side bezel. I don't think I have had any accidental touches at all, unlike with the Samsungs.
I haven't missed wireless charging yet. I managed without it on my 6t so I'll get by!
And yes, distinct lack of cases out there so far. I will probably order a couple of original oneplus cases from AliExpress when they're in stock, I'm happy to wait...

Soldato
Did you have a 7t or try it? I'm still getting used to my 7t Pro. I was 50/50 for the first day or so but I think I'm happy with it now. The screen is amazing and although I am definitely a flat screen advocate this is possibly the best implementation of a curved screen I've used. You still get the slight distortion and blue vignetting which I could do without but more importantly there is still a modicum of side bezel. I don't think I have had any accidental touches at all, unlike with the Samsungs.
I haven't missed wireless charging yet. I managed without it on my 6t so I'll get by!
And yes, distinct lack of cases out there so far. I will probably order a couple of original oneplus cases from AliExpress when they're in stock, I'm happy to wait...

hi mate, yes had a 7t for a day then sent it back, the size was an issue for me, I’m coming from a note 10+ (Still own) and the 7t is little too small for my liking.

The 7t pro is a nicer size and the screen is equally as sharp as the note 10+, watching 1440p hdr on youtube on both are in my eyes the same.

The speed on this thing is so damn fast.

Soldato
hi mate, yes had a 7t for a day then sent it back, the size was an issue for me, I’m coming from a note 10+ (Still own) and the 7t is little too small for my liking.

The 7t pro is a nicer size and the screen is equally as sharp as the note 10+, watching 1440p hdr on youtube on both are in my eyes the same.

The speed on this thing is so damn fast.
It's Definitely a speed demon that's for sure. Are you keeping this as well as your Note 10+? Or maybe you require two separate phones? I had a Note 10+ for about a week and just could not take to it at all. The boxy design made it too big even though I know it's basically the same size as the 7t Pro. I also hated the centre hole punch. I'm coming from an S10e which is night and day difference to 7t Pro but I'm considering keeping both for the times I'd prefer to have a smaller phone on me. Then on the other hand I think having two phones is nuts, no way I could knowingly justify that to the Mrs :p

Soldato
It's Definitely a speed demon that's for sure. Are you keeping this as well as your Note 10+? Or maybe you require two separate phones? I had a Note 10+ for about a week and just could not take to it at all. The boxy design made it too big even though I know it's basically the same size as the 7t Pro. I also hated the centre hole punch. I'm coming from an S10e which is night and day difference to 7t Pro but I'm considering keeping both for the times I'd prefer to have a smaller phone on me. Then on the other hand I think having two phones is nuts, no way I could knowingly justify that to the Mrs :p

going to see how I get on with the 7t pro and then decide which phone to keep, I only need one.

i just prefer the way oneplus are with their community, fast simultaneous updates to all their handsets unlike Samsung and their carrier updates which take an age to release.

Soldato
going to see how I get on with the 7t pro and then decide which phone to keep, I only need one.

i just prefer the way oneplus are with their community, fast simultaneous updates to all their handsets unlike Samsung and their carrier updates which take an age to release.
True. Although Samsung are rightly on the ball this time (by their standards) as the 10 beta is already out.
Are you using the stock launcher? I've always used Nova off and on over the years but recently tried to use it exclusively however I've found it to be a mess on the 7t Pro with Android 10.

Soldato
True. Although Samsung are rightly on the ball this time (by their standards) as the 10 beta is already out.
Are you using the stock launcher? I've always used Nova off and on over the years but recently tried to use it exclusively however I've found it to be a mess on the 7t Pro with Android 10.
Exact same. Always used nova but this time I’m trying to stick with stock launcher as want to see if there are any battery gains.

i do like you can double tap to sleep too on the stock launcher. Not sure if this works with nova.
Are you using any time of notification led app?(to mimic an led)

Soldato
Exact same. Always used nova but this time I’m trying to stick with stock launcher as want to see if there are any battery gains.

i do like you can double tap to sleep too on the stock launcher. Not sure if this works with nova.
Are you using any time of notification led app?(to mimic an led)
I'm not, I didn't use it on my 6t as I heard the battery drain was pretty intense, perhaps I was misinformed. I've never really missed the led notification although I do miss an always on display but a quick tap isn't hard to do either I guess. I had a lot of shortcuts and actions set up on Nova that I've spent the last few months refining so I'm learning to live without them again although OnePlus do a decent job and the shelf fills most of those gaps.

Associate
Using Nova here on a OP7 Pro, no issue with functionalities, smoothness or battery. I really love their folder options and being able to change icons individually so it would take something serious for me to go back to stock.

Back
Top Bottom