The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
I don't like it so far. Same old stuff. I arrive, need to get my ship off the ground and yet now i'm the lacky for each and every townfolk i come across. Don't really like the look of the game either...it's weird/kinda ugly.

Soldato
Not a fan myself. The game screams classic unreal engine and feels clunky and rough to me. To me this seems to be one of those you either love it or hate it titles.

Funny thing is though, new vegas was clunky and rough and i loved that game..

Caporegime
Trying to play this on ultrawide and the default FOV was horrific. About 110 seems right.

Just tweaking mouse acceleration and graphics now. Editing ini files seems very archaic.

Caporegime
Well it certainly starts off very talky...

So far I've played for a 90 minutes and done some quests at the first town. So far, so Fallout.

I thought I may get go through the game on stealth, wits and charm, and I have done that so far (not killed anything yet) but there doesn't really seem an upside to avoiding combat....I think I'm probably just missing out on loads of extra XP?

As for Graphics. It's not absolutely stunning I grant you, but it certainly better looking than Fallout is.

Associate
This is taking forever to download on game pass which is weird because i dont usually have any issues, im out all weekend so looks like i am going to have to wait until Monday now! :(

Really looking forward to trying it out.

Soldato
This is taking forever to download on game pass which is weird because i dont usually have any issues, im out all weekend so looks like i am going to have to wait until Monday now! :(

Really looking forward to trying it out.

Might be their end getting hammered by everyone downloading this today?

Man of Honour
Im playing on Supernova, my verdict so far, its fairly decent. I dont think I would have been overly impressed had I bought it at full price but as I got it on the gamepass its good value. Its not the most exciting or most interesting RPG I've played but its far from the worst too.

One caveat to that is that it has to be noted that my impressions of it are likely affected by the impending arrival of Red Dead Redemption 2 in just over 10 days time and how my gaming brain is so hyped for that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Im playing on Supernova, my verdict so far, its fairly decent. I dont think I would have been overly impressed had I bought it at full price but as I got it on the gamepass its good value. Its not the most exciting or most interesting RPG I've played but its far from the worst too.

One caveat to that is that it has to be noted that my impressions of it are likely affected by the impending arrival of Red Dead Redemption 2 in just over 10 days time and how my gaming brain is so hyped for that.
I would not get hyped about it much, a lot of people felt it was not as good as people made out and did not even complete the game.

Graphics sure will look sweet on the PC though. I will wait until next year when I get an 3070 or something before I even bother trying to run it myself :p

Back
Top Bottom