Dirt Rally 2.0

Soldato
Well bought Seb Lowe rally game, £6.80, its supposed to have the best tree's in any rally game lol.

Have read the reviews but at that price why not, as they say in rallying "you can't see the roads for the tree's"

Will let yous know how bad or good it is.

Soldato
Quite tempted for this - is it a significant improvement over the first one though?

Also, content-wise do you get everything all included or do you have to have one of these season passes!

Associate
longer gears will help. depends on the car.

I drive the Ford Fiesta R5. I've tried other cars but it just makes it more difficult to improve if you keep juggling cars because they all handle differently. I only drive the time trials but have managed to get in the low 200's rank wise on some of the Poland stages. Is it a case of making the 5th gear longer to up the top speed or will I have to adjust them all evenly ?

Soldato
Quite tempted for this - is it a significant improvement over the first one though?

Also, content-wise do you get everything all included or do you have to have one of these season passes!

The cars have more weight to them & the graphics are a bit nicer.

As for the stages & cars, a few of the original ones are now dlc unless you buy the version that includes seasons 1-4.

This version is currently £85 on Steam!

I'd maybe suggest finding the base game for cheaper than Steam & just buy the stages you want, if you're not too fussed with missing out on some cars.

Caporegime
OP
you can always buy on cdkey site. then get dlcs as you wish . the games brilliant.

@subroutine thats part of mastering the game and learning. each car will handle differently. its a case of learning and tweaking until you get the best out of them.

if you going for a top time this is how i approach it.

drive the event stock dont tweak until i cant get any faster.
then i will tweak gearing until cant get no faster or normally just through a few sector times and up.
then adjust the rest bit by bit. until its all dialed in.

you can get world records with stock tuning if...you good enough or know the event well enough. starting out dont set your goals positions too high. most of the top times will be set by vets.

experiment with set ups. gearing first them the rest afterwards. but ideally dont touch anything until you know the event inside out.

fiesta is nice i prefer the mitsubishi space star myself. often underated but it tops many of the R5 leaderboards.

Associate
you can always buy on cdkey site. then get dlcs as you wish . the games brilliant.

@subroutine thats part of mastering the game and learning. each car will handle differently. its a case of learning and tweaking until you get the best out of them.

if you going for a top time this is how i approach it.

drive the event stock dont tweak until i cant get any faster.
then i will tweak gearing until cant get no faster or normally just through a few sector times and up.
then adjust the rest bit by bit. until its all dialed in.

you can get world records with stock tuning if...you good enough or know the event well enough. starting out dont set your goals positions too high. most of the top times will be set by vets.

experiment with set ups. gearing first them the rest afterwards. but ideally dont touch anything until you know the event inside out.

fiesta is nice i prefer the mitsubishi space star myself. often underated but it tops many of the R5 leaderboards.

Thanks. I've shave off 5 seconds on some stages by making the gears longer. At default settings, it would be very difficult, especially on Poland to get a top time due to the lack of flat out straight speed. The R5 Fiesta just seems to feel right to me so I've stuck with that.

Caporegime
OP
you do find a car you will like the best. its just whether its the actual quickest. each class will have a overall quicker car. when it comes to top times you tend to use them. only.

Soldato
Well bought Seb Lowe rally game, £6.80, its supposed to have the best tree's in any rally game lol.

Have read the reviews but at that price why not, as they say in rallying "you can't see the roads for the tree's"

Will let yous know how bad or good it is.

Update-
Well Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO was better than l expected graphics are fine with good detail depending on your GPU, no lag, good physics.

My T500RS using a T300RS wheel was detected and did not need setting up apart from your in game buttons.

Not a great deal of options in settings compared to latest games, but does not spoil the game.

The stages are good having done OZ, Wales, Mexico, Sweden, was it worth £6.80 yes indeed.

Forgot to mention Pikes Peak is included.

By the way the tree's are very good lots of fine detail lol.

Soldato
I think the auto exposure can be changed /lowered in one of the games' config files?

I'm sure OldPhart posted about it not long after release.

Haven't tested be yet though, so it might just work for the 2d version.

Back
Top Bottom