DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
What monitor output are you using? Have you tried a different cable?

Also might be worth checking monitor driver installed, graphics drivers are up-to-date and reset to default settings etc in case
All of that was tested. I had even purchased an expensive 1.4 DP cable hoping it's a bandwidth issue. As mentioned a few posts above, the problem remains when the monitor is plugged to another device, so software is ruled out.

Soldato
@remnant24 that sucks then, thought was worth asking. Didn't realise you'd already done the above.

I got mine back in March, absolute beautiful monitor - can't fault it !!

It really is a panel lottery it seems, very odd the monitor industry is like this.

Associate
This looks pretty reasonably priced, does the freesync work with nvidia cards now its been unlocked? Or is this too early a version of freesync?
I have G-Sync up on and running with my 2070 super and it's working perfectly.
Just a couple of settings to enable and your sorted.
Oh and also you need to buy a display port 1.2 cable for it to work (doesn't come with the monitor) Mine cost me £6.99.

Soldato
Just ordered one for delivery tomorrow :D. Will be paired with my 2070Super.

I know it's only a TN panel, but i'm upgrading for an 8+year old 1080p 24" 60hz monitor!

Associate
I've had this panel for a while now, it replaced my S2716DG which sadly died. Absolutely no regrets, better picture, better OSD, Gsync works perfectly. I do have an issue now though, I've switched to the 5700XT and if I try to play anything at a lower Res than 1440p it won't fill the screen no matter what settings I try. Ive tried all the Radeon settings I can find. I'm sure there is a handshake problem with the 5700 cards as Dell Display Manager refuses to work yet it worked fine my my 2060.

Last edited:
Soldato
Purchased one of these for fps games yesterday, should be here tomorrow if it ever gets dispatched.
My son has the older model with g-sync and it seems decent.
Im downgrading from an x34 120hz monitor as it tires my eyes being so big at the distance i sit from it.
Im hoping the colour and picture quality is good enough for me not to miss IPS too much.

Soldato
its very noticeable in call of the wild night sky, but not seen it in apex legends, may have to buy an IPS panel again but one of the newer low response time screens. not sure what to do to be honest.

Thanks for reply.

Associate
My Dell S2719DGF Rev.A01 Januar 2019

Who does not have these problems please should attach a dawn engine picture in full screen and monitor revision.

Thx

Associate
Have had this monitor on my radar since I missed out on the deal a few months ago. I have finally got the funds to be able to get this. Are there any other monitors under £400, that rival this one ? Does it make any sense to get/wait for HDR (seems this monitor doesnt have that) monitors ?

Soldato
Bought one recently.. extremely impressed. Incredibly impressive for gaming on 155hz+FreeSync.

How is your black levels and banding in say Hunter call of the wild?
Mine seems to suffer badly in that department, now in Apex legends it performed well but i couldn't keep it with all the banding going on in different game titles.

Back
Top Bottom