Iphone 6s water damaged

Associate
Hi my mum spilt a drink in her handbag and since her iPhone has been playing up.

I think it's a 6s the home button works fine and the phone let's you enter the pin code fine however the screen from 3/4 down is non responsive, the last row of icons.

Any ideas? New lcd & digitizer? Scrap.

8j2tfvdp.jpg

Soldato
Worried it wouldn’t be worth the effort.
It could easily be on parts of the logic board or connectors which would be a time bomb even if a new display looks like working

Permabanned
scrap new screen would cost 150 more than what phone is worth?

where on earth are you getting this from? 6s screens only cost £between £25 and £50 now.

The question is has it done any damage to inside. If it can be opened up you can see liquid damage indicators. If you see any stickers that have turned red then there’s internal water damage so it wouldn’t be worth even trying to repair it. You could dry it out though with a tiny bit heat or leave the phone open for a while.

mid I was you get it turned off and opened for inspection.

I say this because I have had a 6s submerged under water for about 5 mins with a case on and because it has a tight case there wasn’t any water damage internal just to the screen. A replacement screen sorted my issue out with no problems and I did it myself. I don’t have it now that’s sold on I purchased an 8 not long after.

Soldato
cant hurt to open it up and have a look.
It is still working which is a bonus, get it completely stripped and cleaned with alcohol and fit a new screen.
Might as well chuck a new battery in whilst its opened up.

Soldato
Strip it to bits, clean all the inside with isopropyl alcohol, and put all the parts in a container full of (uncooked) rice for a couple of days. I managed to recover a phone this way without changing any parts before it was going to be binned. The other options is to do like I said but just replace the screen, should cost around £25, or a bit more if you want the work done for you.

Soldato
New iPhone 6s screens are £22 delivered, just get one, open the phone up, dry out over night in the airing cupboard, clean, replace screen, should work, if not worth a punt at just over £20

Associate
Skip the rice method and just clean with the alcohol - chances are the water inside has already started to evaporate and leave the bad stuff behind. As above definitely worth a punt for £20 or so.

Associate
where on earth are you getting this from? 6s screens only cost £between £25 and £50 now.

The question is has it done any damage to inside. If it can be opened up you can see liquid damage indicators. If you see any stickers that have turned red then there’s internal water damage so it wouldn’t be worth even trying to repair it. You could dry it out though with a tiny bit heat or leave the phone open for a while.

mid I was you get it turned off and opened for inspection.

I say this because I have had a 6s submerged under water for about 5 mins with a case on and because it has a tight case there wasn’t any water damage internal just to the screen. A replacement screen sorted my issue out with no problems and I did it myself. I don’t have it now that’s sold on I purchased an 8 not long after.

Geninuine one will cost 150.

I assume you are talking about a Chinese copy.

Associate
I think somebody needs to calm down. I stated silica is the same as rice in the situation, I didn't come round your house and spray paint it on your freshly painted door did I?
And due to ********** not quoting the entire thing I wrote you then end up having to reply with something already covered.

Back
Top Bottom