*****Virgin Australia Supercars Championship 2019*****

Soldato
Don't worry about me. I'm not coming in here until I know what's happened! Just watched every single racing lap tonight! The great race delivers again, it was so quiet for so long and then bang, fatigue sets in! So sorry for Golding and heimgartners races to fall apart. But omg at tickford. Just stupid mistake yet again from mostert!

Soldato
Straight back into the Gold Coast , generally the races I find most boring during the year. Glad it's being dropped as an Enduro next year, just not enough variation available to make it exciting. Most of the way through the first race, think I lost most of my interest after 20 laps.

Soldato
OP
I quite like this track which is odd since I generally dislike tracks this tight. I think it's the bouncing over the kerbs that does it!

Not much drama till late in the race though and then only for silly stuff.

Biggest news from the weekend is the #55 being out for the weekend after the Shootout failure! :eek:

Soldato
OP
OK might only be for this race, talk of disciplinary reasons (missing a signing?!) but also some rumbling it's to do with GRM leaving Supercars/disagreements with sponsors too.

Oh and Qually red flagged when Scotty TRASHED his car in epic style! SVG with the save too, massive respect! :)

Soldato
Roland Dane has confirmed that this season (2020) will be the last one we’ll see with the Holden name. Just as the series is really taking off outside Australia too :( It’ll be interesting to see what happens next season. A grid full of Mustangs :D

Soldato
Could just rebadge them potentially for next season? Not sure of the legal entitlements though, suspect GM will continue to race.

First race weekend this weekend, not got my superview yet! Can't see beyond an SVG/McLaughlin fight this season, but Coulthard is going to need to step up to help as he was so distant as the season went on last year.

Soldato
The Holden news is a bit of a shock but also not a huge surprise given GM's restructuring. I need to get my Superview sorted too!

New thread time?

Was expected to be honest and it's to do with the fact they aren't able to use the Opel stuff from 2021 as they have sold that to Peugeot etc so they will need a whole new model base to fill the gaps.

I was going to post a new thread earlier but saw this got bumped. Can't see why not.

Back
Top Bottom