• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Liquid Devil 5700xt... whats the news?

Soldato
Q4g3oND.jpg

I'm pretty much set for a 5700xt to pair with my free sync monitor so will be saying bye bye to my sli 980ti poseidons! Looking at watercooling solutions and if the Red Devil is anything to go by, the Liquid devil is going to be an absolute beast of a card!

Any news on specs on this card, custom pcb? more headroom etc? Or are we really just looking at a ref 5700xt with a custom EK waterblock on it?

I'm gonna take a stab and say the pricing is going to be £550 plus for this card judging by how much waterblocks cost, what does everyone think?

Be interesting to find out more!

Soldato
You're not gonna get any extra performance from it, just some cool points. And tbh even if you planned to watercool in the first place, at £550 you are still at 2070 Super + waterblock level, which will be much better. Remember, you can use freesync with Nvidia cards as well.

Soldato
OP
You're not gonna get any extra performance from it, just some cool points. And tbh even if you planned to watercool in the first place, at £550 you are still at 2070 Super + waterblock level, which will be much better. Remember, you can use freesync with Nvidia cards as well.
I thought they were stopping support for freesync on nvidia cards? Which series of cards are actually supported now? 10 and 20 series? Keep getting mixed information!

Soldato
OP
Here's a question then, looking at the 2070 Super.. Which waterblocks are compatible with it because looking at ocuk website and just google in general, some say its cross compatible between the 2080 and 2080ti and some say they're not.. So what actually fits and what doesn't?

I'm talking about the FE cards not any particular branded ones by AIB's

Associate
Here's a question then, looking at the 2070 Super.. Which waterblocks are compatible with it because looking at ocuk website and just google in general, some say its cross compatible between the 2080 and 2080ti and some say they're not.. So what actually fits and what doesn't?

I'm talking about the FE cards not any particular branded ones by AIB's
Go onto EKWB configurator page and check compatibility.
https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

Caporegime
It wont, they are already at their limits, this will just give the same performance, as the air cooled cards, its pointless, the 2070S, is faster and cheaper (by about £90), and also does HW RT.

Permabanned
I thought the stock 5700xt competes with the 2070s?and having a waterblocked 5700xt certainly will increase the performance of it

Hi, I think the 2700s has a comfortable lead over the 5700XT when it comes to gaming performance. I don't think slapping a waterblock on a reference 5700xt will do much for performance compared to what a non reference version like the Gaming X or Red Devil offers. Yes it'll be quieter & cooler but real world gaming performance won't change much.

Soldato
It wont, they are already at their limits, this will just give the same performance, as the air cooled cards, its pointless, the 2070S is faster and cheaper, and does HW RT, so its a no contest.
I couldn't disagree more, boosts and head room work on thermal limits, are you saying that every card in the world apart from this one benefits from water cooling with its overclocking?

Caporegime
All the reviews of the XTs, have them all doing the same fps, the only difference, is the temps and noise, due to the differing coolers, this card wont be any different, as AMD have had to (yet again), push them right to their limits, just to get close to Nvidia.

Soldato
I thought they were stopping support for freesync on nvidia cards? Which series of cards are actually supported now? 10 and 20 series? Keep getting mixed information!

They aren't. 10 & 20 series, yup. The only freesync that doesn't work is that over HDMI, so if you have a Samsung TV. But Nvidia seems to be pushing VRR on LG at least even without HDMI 2.1 (on Turing cards) so going forward even on TVs it won't be a problem anymore (newer ones).

I couldn't disagree more, boosts and head room work on thermal limits, are you saying that every card in the world apart from this one benefits from water cooling with its overclocking?

There's thermal limits, yes, and there's also chip limits. You can push any Navi card to 2ghz (ignoring noise) and some a little further. Water doesn't change that and the performance scaling is not there even when you do. Pushing core further doesn't do much, it needs more memory bw and the memory chips in the Navi cards is bottom of the barrel and doesn't have room to OC either. That's why Navi are the worst cards in the world to watercool from a performance standpoint. Getting 5% more performance from WC is pitiful and not worth it over a 2070S.

Back
Top Bottom