• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I so nearly joined the N9 club today, bought a silver N960U from eBay using the recent discount codes, supposedly brand new in box. Turned out the company sent me a really dodgy refurb, so back it goes.

Caporegime
Can N9 users post their average and best SoTs please (assume everyone on here has the UK Exynos SoC).

I have been thinking more about how this phone compares to my N8 which would do 5 hours SoT (typical work day) - 8 hours SoT (a Saturday spent lounging about all day on WiFi). That phone usually wouldn't last until bedtime. The N9 will do but I get 3-4 hours SoT (typical work day) and I don't think my use case has changed much.

Soldato
I don't have any problem with the battery life on my Note 9, in fact it's great, but I think it's going to be a difficult question to answer depending on what people are using them for. I'm sure if I just watched video or read a book it would last ages.

For example, I don't always fully charge mine to look after the battery, I have everything turned on: gps, bluetooth, nfc, aod, etc and mine gets used a lot for Satnav, uploading images, reading documents, some surfing and some YouTube. It's connected to two devices over bluetooth most of the day. The brightness doesn't go above half way most of the time, and I have a nice live wallpaper in the background. And I have mine set to maximum resolution, & balanced power plan.

I would whole heartedly recommend this phone to anyone, it's so competent at nearly everything, and in my eyes better than the Note 10, just not as sexy :D

And even if battery life was a concern, you've got options available, like turning down screen resolution, to improve its life.

Associate
Just to inform other owners here - my fingerprint ability with this phone died exactly 1 year after purchase. The sensor reported as fine, but it could not access the fingerprints. Full reset does nothing and I informed Samsung who are repairing it that in my opinion it’s most likely that the secure portion of flash memory that stores the fingerprints has degraded with all the reads and it will need a motherboard fix they insist on replacing the sensor first.

Soldato
Oh yeah people's mileage will vary, no doubt. Just curious why my SoT is considerably worse.

Just for fun here is my days battery usage. The phone came off 100% charge at 6:30am till just a few minutes ago when it came up with the 15% battery warning.
Screen res is at max, brightness no more than 50% at a guess, display set to amoled photo, performance is set to optimised. Unlock is done via iris/pin/fingerprint. Oh and the phone always funs full screen using gesture inputs.
All working hours was spent permanently bluetoothed to my earpiece (handsfree) and for several hours driving was also bluetoothed to the car stereo (which I dont use for calls). Satnav was also used a few times today
These are turned on all the time: Wifi, Data, Volte, GPS, bluetooth, NFC, Dolby Atmos, AOD, & Sync.
3D wallpaper runs in the background, Gmail is used for two emails, and I recorded some 4k60fps video today, as well as Whatsapp usage. Phone calls etc..
I dont use Facebook or Twitter or any other social media battery sucking apps, those I check using the Samsung browser :D

I'd be interested how it compares.

RJMtDDA.jpg

Mick

Caporegime
Thank you.

Another issue to report with mine. I have noticed my charging cables have been a little hit and miss (works one way round but not the other). I suspected the port itself but not with 100% certainty. One of the cables in question is in use on my work computer, it charges but Windows is giving me an unrecognised USB device/malfunctioned so something is up. Last weekend, three different cables didn't charge the phone with two different plugs. I thought the port was completely broken so reached out to Samsung on live chat but then another cable at work decided to work on one computer but not 2 others or another plug. These cables are from Amazon, they're not official cables but still decent enough 3rd party braided cables which have all worked with no problem for a year or so.

Going to order another wall plug and official cable but I still think it's the port - it's just not completely broken.

Soldato
OP
Thank you.

Another issue to report with mine. I have noticed my charging cables have been a little hit and miss (works one way round but not the other). I suspected the port itself but not with 100% certainty. One of the cables in question is in use on my work computer, it charges but Windows is giving me an unrecognised USB device/malfunctioned so something is up. Last weekend, three different cables didn't charge the phone with two different plugs. I thought the port was completely broken so reached out to Samsung on live chat but then another cable at work decided to work on one computer but not 2 others or another plug. These cables are from Amazon, they're not official cables but still decent enough 3rd party braided cables which have all worked with no problem for a year or so.

Going to order another wall plug and official cable but I still think it's the port - it's just not completely broken.

Try a cotton wool bud and a gently clean of the charging port and also the cable connector

Soldato
Thank you.

Why not use wireless chargers

I have very rarely charged my s7e / N8 / N9 by cable

Back
Top Bottom