The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
Yes I see that on my F drive and cant access it either. So I cant edit the ini file for O.W.
The ini file is in

The Outer Worlds Engine.ini Location for Windows/Xbox Store:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Game Pass games are in encrypted folders so you'll have to take control via security permissions if you want to mess about with them.

As for me, I'm putting it to bed. Wasn't really enjoying it, it was more a chore. No time to play games that are a chore.
I think the issue is the story and characters could do with being more interesting. Sometimes even I skip what certain characters are saying due it not being interesting enough or too generic. If they nail characters, story and scripting better for next game then they will have a winner.

I am still enjoying game play and the game overall enough that time flies and will be seeing it through to completion. So far for me 8 out 10.

Soldato
That's disappointing, can't be very long.

Around 20-25 hours without looking. All my plans fell through this weekend so took advantage, proper rolled back the clock to NV days where I clocked 100-120 in a week (no kids, no worries, no nagging) then went hardcore. Don’t have that same draw back to go on it’s ha4dest setting, but that’s more me as an ageing gamer than the game itself.

it sets up for some massive dlc or incoming sequel. Maybe why Microsoft have basically given it away to boost their game sub platform.

one nagging thing I have is a couple of planets never opened up, but I looked everywhere I could for more quests. Only 1 I didn’t do about some clothes, ended up level 29. It feels like there should be more, but doesn’t let you continue after the final mission (which is glitched currently and just bombs you out the game unless you do something you normally would never do) so felt like I clocked everything. interested to see others opinions and what they found, if I’ve missed anything a good excuse to ramp up the difficulty and start again.

Soldato
What a fantastic game this is, an RPG done right finally. Love it.

I’m playing supernova difficulty which at first was really tough, but now I’m finding weapons, better armour and mods, it’s more manageable and might actually be increasing my enjoyment with the management of my character.

Soldato
Even though I have loved every game obsidian has made(except Tyranny which I just found ok) I haven't got round to playing yet. I've downloaded it and I'm really looking forward to starting tomorrow.

Edit - actually Dungeon Siege 3. That was ****

Soldato
Very much enjoying it so far. I'm almost 10 hours in and have just left Groundbreaker. There's much more content here than I expected but then I'm taking my time exploring, doing side quests, talking to people and reading lore entries. They give context that i find helps with certain decisions.

I personally like that it's not completely open world. I could never get far in previous open world titles. I'd lose focus on my objectives and to be honest get tired of all the space... if that makes sense.

I agree. Enjoying this after indulging in lots of open world. It’s more contained but sometimes nicer to have more focused and filled areas. I will say though, lock picking or hacking really so open up smaller areas and can lead you to interesting spots. Also just going around the zones, even smaller is cool to stumble upon some random and quirky events. Not to mention going off the beaten path can find lots of the gold loot!

Caporegime
Ive played about 8 hours on this and although enjoyable to this point it's starting to feel very 'samey' despite environmental differences on worlds etc.

Guns are the same, just MK1 -> MK2 etc, enemies are the same so combat is the same. Hope I get over that feeling as it's been very good to this point.

It's a shame that companions die permanently as I'd love to try Supernova, it would mix the gameplay up quite a bit I think. Maybe ill give it a go but leave the companions in the safety of the ship :p

Pet Northerner
Don
I completed this this morning before work (would have finished last night but hit a game breaking bug on the last mission and had to google a workaround).

Not had this much fun since New Vegas - It was a joy from start to finish.

I think I got most of the side quests done
(I think I may missed a couple in Byzantium)

I did all the faction quests and companion quests - total play time was about 30 hours.

Soldato
I had a good blast on this over the weekend. 6 hours in so far, and I've just completed the last story quest on the first planet. I explored everything, talked to everyone and got to level 10 prior to departure. I'm enjoying it so far, although I do have a few minor criticisms.
Firstly, Hard is too easy but Supernova is too difficult; shame there's no middle ground. Secondly, robbing people blind is still very easy and with high persuasion it basically negates any negatives of getting caught. Lastly, and I might have overlooked this, but there doesn't seem to be any way of determining if a weapon is "epic" / one of a kind. I ended up keeping a level 3 pistol, converting it to plasma and then tinkering with it. All in all though, a good game.

Pet Northerner
Don
I had a good blast on this over the weekend. 6 hours in so far, and I've just completed the last story quest on the first planet. I explored everything, talked to everyone and got to level 10 prior to departure. I'm enjoying it so far, although I do have a few minor criticisms.
Firstly, Hard is too easy but Supernova is too difficult; shame there's no middle ground. Secondly, robbing people blind is still very easy and with high persuasion it basically negates any negatives of getting caught. Lastly, and I might have overlooked this, but there doesn't seem to be any way of determining if a weapon is "epic" / one of a kind. I ended up keeping a level 3 pistol, converting it to plasma and then tinkering with it. All in all though, a good game.

Unique weapons have like a swirly sun pattern behind them. They stand out once you get them, there's another type of rare weapon you'll find via quests that have another background to further discern those

Caporegime
I think the issue is the story and characters could do with being more interesting. Sometimes even I skip what certain characters are saying due it not being interesting enough or too generic. If they nail characters, story and scripting better for next game then they will have a winner.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I found that the characters you meet weren't really engaging and you didn't feel compelled to do what they asked because it didn't sound very interesting. And there's no romance! I do love a good bit of bed hopping in these kind of games.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I found that the characters you meet weren't really engaging and you didn't feel compelled to do what they asked because it didn't sound very interesting. And there's no romance! I do love a good bit of bed hopping in these kind of games.
Lol. Not too bothered about romance, but there is some in it where you help out the NPC's at least. But I guess you wanted that hot steamy cut scene right? Haha.

Yeah, so once they improve what I said, the game has the potential to go from an 8 to 9.5 for me.

My other complaint (although a much small issue) is weapons and armour. Finding and upgrading is not as fun as they were in Fallout 3. Nothing that cannot be easily fixed in the sequel. Was awesome finding the brotherhood and their awesome armour and weapons.

I think if they do make it, it will be awesome on the next gen consoles. The reason I mention consoles is these games are usually built with them in mind, so now that they will be a lot beefier and have and SSD, they will be able to make much bigger and better gaming worlds with less loading in between.

Back
Top Bottom