Pressed plates fitting

Associate
Hi guys I’ve ordered some new metal pressed plates for a new car and want to just stick them on. I used number plates surrounds before, so what’s the best stuff to stick them on with?

Man of Honour
You don't need to stick them on anything, you can just stick them in the bin as is I think. Check your local authorities website first to see if they are recyclable though.

Soldato
Heavy duty velcro works, easy to remove/swap them then too :D

Metal plates only look good with the vintage colour scheme though.

Associate
INF104.

BS AU 145d.

SI 561 (2001).

They must be made from a reflective material, not one on which a reflective coating is retrospectively added.

They must spring back to shape if bent.

The ones I have conform to all those rules and have the correct markings.

Couldn't see anything that officially states "not one on which a reflective coating is retrospectively added"

Caporegime
The ones I have conform to all those rules and have the correct markings.

Couldn't see anything that officially states "not one on which a reflective coating is retrospectively added"

It's in the BS and on the .gov webpage. Your plates can't conform to those rules if they're pressed. Bent steel or aluminium doesn't naturally return to it's original shape. It isnt reflective.

Soldato
It's in the BS and on the .gov webpage. Your plates can't conform to those rules if they're pressed. Bent steel or aluminium doesn't naturally return to it's original shape. It isnt reflective.

Interesting,My current car has aluminium (backed?) plates from new (66 reg direct from dealer).

I was about to say the same. My car (62) came new from the dealer with metal (presumably aluminium) plates as well. 2 years ago, the front end was repaired after an accident, at another main dealer, and the plate was replaced - again, with a metal plate.

Back
Top Bottom