Why is my frame rate and frame time so unstable in every game?

Associate
OP
Ok so absolutely realistically

The only things that are the same.....

Your router network connection. Rj45 cable or Wireless connection. ISP.
Your physical power outlet.

There is nothing else to compare..... How these can realistically cause your issues? I have no idea. If you ever find a fix please say what it was.

Just look how bad it can be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHCvDavbuq0

Associate
OP
Initially it looks bad but from 2.00 minutes on wards it stops...Have you tried using MSI afterburner to monitor CPU/GPU usage?

Maybe windows updates is installing something in the background?

Yes, the drops might stop but it still feels like complete ***** to play. Every single game stutters and feels like ****. Its kind of hard to see, but there is a little symbol to the right of the screen, that logo means low fps, it is there for the whole video. It might look good for you because its just a video locked at 60fps, but when you actually play it for yourself, it feels like complete crap and does not feel smooth one bit, every single game.

Associate
OP
Initially it looks bad but from 2.00 minutes on wards it stops...Have you tried using MSI afterburner to monitor CPU/GPU usage?

Maybe windows updates is installing something in the background?

You can even see another big drop at around 2:20 in the video, I shouldn't be getting fps drops and stuttering in every single game with the build that I have. That is the point I am trying to make.

Associate
Yes, the drops might stop but it still feels like complete ***** to play. Every single game stutters and feels like ****. Its kind of hard to see, but there is a little symbol to the right of the screen, that logo means low fps, it is there for the whole video. It might look good for you because its just a video locked at 60fps, but when you actually play it for yourself, it feels like complete crap and does not feel smooth one bit, every single game.

I understand your frustration, if you have tried everything, I can only come to a conclusion that its faulty hardware.

Associate
OP
I understand your frustration, if you have tried everything, I can only come to a conclusion that its faulty hardware.

Yeah, sorry if I am coming off as rude. It's just really annoying, I have spent thousands in total, replacing parts over and over and nothing ever works. I can't see how it's faulty hardware as again, everything has been replaced so many times.

Associate
Yeah, sorry if I am coming off as rude. It's just really annoying, I have spent thousands in total, replacing parts over and over and nothing ever works. I can't see how it's faulty hardware as again, everything has been replaced so many times.

The only thing I can think of is sell of all the parts separate recoup the money you've spent and then get Overclocker's to build you a pre-built system that way if there's any problems you can send it back no hassle.

Associate
In the Battlefield example you are experiencing severe packet loss:

6Etb68h.png

That will cause the issues you are describing in that title and many other online titles.

Associate
OP
In the Battlefield example you are experiencing severe packet loss:

6Etb68h.png

That will cause the issues you are describing in that title and many other online titles.

The "packet loss" symbol appears at the start and then goes away. It's normal because I just joined the game, it has always done that. The red "low fps" symbol, on the other hand, is always there in the video. My internet is fine, that is not the cause as it still does it when disconnected from the internet.

Associate
The "packet loss" symbol appears at the start and then goes away. It's normal because I just joined the game, it has always done that. The red "low fps" symbol, on the other hand, is always there in the video. My internet is fine, that is not the cause as it still does it when disconnected from the internet.

Latency variation keeps coming back throughout the video you posted. That is not normal. You have a networking issue.

Associate
Do you have the "Killer" network app installed? If so deactivate "Advanced Stream Detect" as I have found this to cause all many of problems. Other suggestion - change your network cables (a damaged cable will cause packet loss).

Back
Top Bottom