Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Neeeeeds lowering springs. They were even a factory option. :(

Lovely apart from that though. :p
Not for me. I'm not getting any younger and want a more compliant ride these days :). Getting out of it as it is, and without rubbing the bolsters too much, and they're larger on the drivers side, is not easy as a near 6 footer with a dodgy back sometimes.

Rides better than my old Z4 M Coupe and the build quality is better too. That thing rattled. I think the E85/86's varied a lot as the previous 3.0 Si coupe I had felt harder (ride - runflats) but had less rattles.

Last edited:
Soldato
Speaking of the old Z4. I thought I'd share this one too. Despite the rattles it was still an awesome car. I think I replaced three broken rear springs during its 70 or so thousand miles in mind hands tho.
DSC00484.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol, rear heated seats aren't the only difference, L&K gets bi xenons, adaptive cruise, better trim, etc.

The colour of that Leon is lovely. What is it? Black cherry?

Not sure on what they call the colour but its listed as purple. Its quite nice in some lights and a bit brown in others.

Pretty sure my car has xenons too, much better than my old headlights!

Soldato
Rides better than my old Z4 M Coupe and the build quality is better too. That thing rattled. I think the E85/86's varied a lot as the previous 3.0 Si coupe I had felt harder (ride - runflats) but had less rattles.

My old 3.0i E85 is a rattley mess xD My dad now drives it, but everytime I get the opportunity to drive it, it always puts a smile on my face, always a thrill to drive from something that only cost me £4500 6 or so years ago.

@DarrenM343 Gorgeous M there mate.

Soldato
@DarrenM343 Gorgeous M there mate.
Ta. I specifically looked for one in that combo. Interlagos blue with light sepang interior which was less beige than the more popular beige interior some had (forgot the proper name now for the beige).
In fact, here's the interior. I preferred the no-nav look of what was a fairly cheap/ugly looking dashboard, anything left of the driving position (wheel and dials all fine but look at the stereo and the dials below :) ).
DSC00486.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
Ft2CM4cl.jpg

M140i is coming up 2 years old and we still love it! :)

Mrs recently changed her 595 for the ST2. Will be Mountuned in the new year although not decided if MP215 or MR230 (or whatever the higher power "tier" is called now).

Caporegime
The difference is that there are loads of E39 sports around from 1k up. They are so worthless I've still got mine!

There are 20 for sale on Auto trader right now. So not exactly everywhere.

Also the Z3 Coupe is absolutely crazy with its price point. Z3M's are what 50k cars now! Cut and shut E30 and E36. It is not even a pretty car. It looks like a van for Christ sake!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
There are 20 for sale on Auto trader right now. So not exactly everywhere.

Also the Z3 Coupe is absolutely crazy with its price point. Z3M's are what 50k cars now! Cut and shut E30 and E36. It is not even a pretty car. It looks like a van for Christ sake!
The £50k cars will be the S54 Coupes. They only built 1112 of them.

Soldato
The Z3 Coupe is such a weird car that I don't know if I could bring myself to say the design is cool or nice.

If it was the Z4 Coupe in the same situation I can see that being worth the £50k considering higher mile examples are going for £16k plus and low mileage cars are well over the £20k mark, the E86 is such a beautiful looking car.

Back
Top Bottom