**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Pretty sure it's only LCD screens that don't play ball with polarised sunglasses. Amoled screens work differently and don't "dissapear"

If I was allowed, I could link to a video of the Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL side by side through a polarised filter and you would see the Pixel XL goes very dark as you rotate the filter. Both were AMOLED screens I believe.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yes, the 2 and 2XL had polarising filters on them so you could still view them with polarised glasses on. (not sure about the 3/3XL) Hence why I'm wondering about the 4XL. :)

Soldato
Is WiFi calling enabled on Pixel 4?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm with Three and when connected to WiFi it does say WiFi calling enabled but yesterday I was having trouble making phone calls at home, have rubbish signal last few weeks as they keep doing works on their masts round here. It was soon after I got home so not sure whether phone was connected to WiFi yet.

Soldato
I'm not 100% sure. I'm with Three and when connected to WiFi it does say WiFi calling enabled but yesterday I was having trouble making phone calls at home, have rubbish signal last few weeks as they keep doing works on their masts round here. It was soon after I got home so not sure whether phone was connected to WiFi yet.
Put phone in airplane mode and switch on WiFi manually. It will use wifi calling. Try again

Soldato
The fabric case just turned up. Went for the navy blue dark grey one. It's nice and will use this or the Spigen think one going forward. I was gonna send back as £35 is a lot of money but it's really nice and adds a bit more protection for when I am exercising. If you can get it discounted I would say it's a really well made case.

Soldato
Has anyone experienced the below with the app drawer on the standard launcher?

I'm finding the launcher is showing icons for services that don't have a UI, e.g. Galaxy Watch plugin and the legacy Solid Explorer unlock app. Previously, these were hidden from the app drawer.

Soldato
Has anyone experienced the below with the app drawer on the standard launcher?

I'm finding the launcher is showing icons for services that don't have a UI, e.g. Galaxy Watch plugin and the legacy Solid Explorer unlock app. Previously, these were hidden from the app drawer.

As in the top line your most recently used apps ?

Soldato
So, its probably been a week or so, how are the new owners finding it so far?

Love mine. Really slick and fast. Face unlock just works each and every time. Battery is great on my XL. Also android auto seems a lot quicker in my car for some reason. 90htz screen is lovely when kicks in but will welcome the upcoming patch to control it a little better.

Apart from that no complaints and very happy.

Associate
Love mine. Really slick and fast. Face unlock just works each and every time. Battery is great on my XL. Also android auto seems a lot quicker in my car for some reason. 90htz screen is lovely when kicks in but will welcome the upcoming patch to control it a little better.

Apart from that no complaints and very happy.

Sounds good, glad to see you're happy with it :)

I was reading last night that the Face unlock uses the standard biometric API so we just need the app developers to make a very simple change. This is probably my main remaining issue with getting one at the moment, hopefully the banks and whatnot will soon update these.

Soldato
Really happy with mine too, haven't had it long enough to really report on battery yet (only received it Monday), but face unlock, higher refresh rate display and more robust feeling design are adding finesse to the Pixel 3 experience.

Face unlock adoption really is down to developers, LastPass have already added support for example but Santander doesn't support it yet.

Back
Top Bottom