ZX-25R Looks like the proper lightweights are back.

Soldato
OP
If this hits the UK Honda are really going to have to take a look at it’s bikes. The CBR500R will get destroyed by this 250.

Soldato
I can't see that having 60bhp without forced induction.

Rumours suggest 58bhp. The 4 cylinder 250cc screamers from the late 80s (FZR250. ZX-R250 etc) made around 45bhp, but at a paltry 14-15000 RPM. If the new bike is making peak power closer to 20k RPM then it seems plausible. It's higher than the current superbikes in terms of specific power, but it's easier to make tiny cylinders produce good power at very high RPM since the distance the flame front has to travel is smaller.

Associate
The quality of components required for a 20k rpm limit is probably a little high for the proposed price bracket and limited market it will be sold in though. Seems like hype/speculation above that of the H2R release, look how much of a disappointment the road version turned out to be.

Only one brake disc too.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The quality of components required for a 20k rpm limit is probably a little high for the proposed price bracket and limited market it will be sold in though. Seems like hype/speculation above that of the H2R release, look how much of a disappointment the road version turned out to be.

Only one brake disc too.

The RR bikes from the 80-90’s maybe tipped the scales at 150kg. Today I’d think that is easily beatable and brake technology has vastly improved so I can’t see this bike wanting for brakes.

It will be interesting to see what Kawasaki have done with this bike and how other firms respond.

Associate
Shame this would never pass the silly Euro regs, I've always wanted a CBR250RR.

Thank goodness for that. The last thing that’s needed are 20,000 rpm decatted straight through systems being thrashed around by chavs in a few years.

I don't think most chavs progress beyond 125s with L plates, at least they don't Manchester way. In fact they don't even bother with the L plates, or CBT, insurance, etc....

Soldato
OP
Even if we don’t see this in the UK at least the bike will make other manufacturers take note.

We might see a new RD come from this.

Back
Top Bottom