**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
So been abroad about a week now and have a much better picture on my experience with the 7T Pro. First couple of days, no issues apart from the borked auto brightness. Camera has been pretty great so far and I'm getting very good night photos compared to my friend's US S10. The ultrawide lens has also been amazing to use for scenic shots. And battery life has blown my mind, even with Pokémon GO/Ingress mixed in, I'm getting 5h on screen time and usually end the day with 50% or so battery life left. Haven't used my external battery pack much unless the day has been extreme.

Then the 10.0.3 update arrived and while it fixed a lot of the small issues including the auto brightness (not perfect, but no longer gets stuck. Not tried PD charging, PD charger left at home) I have found an annoying bug which may be affecting the media scanner on the phone. After a good few hours since boot, and taking a good bunch of photos, new photos are no longer saved. Force closing the camera app and clearing cache doesn't fix it, and using GCam and taking screenshots display the same issue.

Another bug is sometimes using apps such as Instagram/WhatsApp, selecting photos in the DCIM folder doesn't work at all, they don't preview/load up when you select them but other pictures in other folders such as whatsapp images loads up fine. Only fix I found so far is to reboot the phone completely. Luckily the phone reboots extremely fast but it's an annoying inconvenience and I sometimes don't notice the issue so I lose the photos that weren't able to save. Due to these two bugs I believe the problem is with the media scanner possibly crashing. I checked the update announcement thread on the OP forums and there a couple of others with the same problem as me so I'm not the only one. Hopefully the next update will fix this.

Soldato
I haven't received the 10.0.3 update yet however can't say I've noticed any of those issues. While we're troubleshooting mine has stopped (fully) pulling down the quick settings with a two fingered swipe. Have I inadvertently switched something off or has it been disabled? Initial one finger swipe still works fine.

Soldato
I haven't received the 10.0.3 update yet however can't say I've noticed any of those issues. While we're troubleshooting mine has stopped (fully) pulling down the quick settings with a two fingered swipe. Have I inadvertently switched something off or has it been disabled? Initial one finger swipe still works fine.
You can use the oxygen updater app on the play store.

Associate
7t arrived today, so far it seems great. WiFi calling on 3 not working but lte is working fine. It's got way better signal than my 3t as well.

Soldato
Can't seem to find a decent 7T deal on contract

They have limited carrier availability and I haven't seen one available through a reseller, so there's little competition and you end up paying the ridiculous monthlies charged by going direct to the carrier. I think it's a weakness of the OP brand that you can't wait and get them cheaper. Their second hand value sinks like a stone the same way as most other Android devices, yet you always have to pay RRP* for the phones.

* Unless you find 5% off for being a student a decent discount, or want to buy a zero-warranty grey import.

Soldato
A random request but want to check. On the OnePlus, well on my 7T Pro anyway, to change between themes (i.e. light and dark mode) you have go Settings>Customisation>Tone.
Is there a setting or an app or indeed any way at all to have a shortcut or toggle for this so I can change between the two from the desktop or even quick settings tiles?
I generally flit between the two during day/night.

Back
Top Bottom