would a sand and cement mixer fit into my golf?

Associate
Do we have concrete proof that he ever managed this? I mean, there was a foundation of hard evidence to begin with.

Soldato
OP
I am the OP here and it actually never did fit in the car.

I ended up walking 3 miles through a town centre with a cement mixer. I felt like a right k*** doing it but I managed to bring it home. It was an absolutely mortARfying experience. The proof is in the concrete. :) :p

Soldato
Thread bump!!

After reading this thread I took a chance and ordered a mixer from Screwfix, it was boxed and unassembled on a small pallet and went straight in the back of our Astra H with no problems, once lifted off the pallet:

PXL-20210105-163028261.jpg

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone planning some DIY. I couldn't find a hire company with a 240v in stock, and I'll be doing the garden in dribs and drabs anyway around the weather and work, 2nd hand mixers are going for nearly the same price as this one anyway so the plan is to get the patio, borders and steps done before it gets warm and then sell the mixer and enjoy the garden.

Mixer isn't a belle but gets good reviews:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/134-ltr-...3z3pWLCnJ1t7tdhribBoCdyUQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Caporegime
This thread is doomed to be bumped every couple of years with people trying to put mixers in various cars.

Should rename it * official will a cement mixer fit in my car thread * :p

Associate
@bainbridge I bought the same one early last year, it's a good buy for the money especially considering the price of second hand ones.

For reference, it fits in the back of a Vito with room to spare.

Commissario
I think we got one in the back of an original (94?) Corsa* ;)

Dad has pretty much always had one kicking around the place (although the current one is probably dead - not been used for 6 years), as it's always cheaper to buy them than rent them if you're going to be doing concreting but can't get it all done in a few days, and it's much faster and easier to use one than mix by hand :) (we last used ours to lay the hardstand for our car).

*The one with the properly curved boot, before they decided to save money and flatten it. IIRC that curve made a huge difference in exactly what could be squeezed in.

Back
Top Bottom