• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sorry but you haven't actually answered any of my questions. I also agree and assessing IQ in front of a monitor isn't rocket science and I even said, "I feel AMD have a better 'out the box' IQ over NVidia"

Now please please please show me some tiny evidence of where NVidia are using 'cheaper elements on the circuit board' to lower the 2D IQ.

Remember, if you do, no more NVidia buying from me :D :D

If not, sadly, I have to put you back down the rabbit hole!

Edit:

@TNA Behave lol
Haha. Really wished that he did. Because we all know you could not do it Gregster, you are green through and through sir. It is I the one who truly swings both ways when it comes to graphics cards :p;)

Soldato
The thing is that nvidia gains unfair performance advantage by rendering less, thus stealing the top performance crown from the Radeon Vii that should be in reality faster than RTX 2080 Ti.
If Amd did the same then we would all buy 5700xt cards and have 2080ti performance.

Do Amd not want its users to have the best performance?

Caporegime
Haha. Really wished that he did. Because we all know you could not do it Gregster, you are green through and through sir. It is I the one who truly swings both ways when it comes to graphics cards :p;)
I know he can't, so had no worries saying that and yer, I do like NVidia but also am not opposed to buying AMD either (or Intel). And when did I mention video cards in the same breath as "swing both ways"? :D :D

Soldato
You are using a post that is over 10 years old (GTX 285 against the HD 5870) as your proof and using an image of differing attributes as the reasoning. Look at both shots moving and you will see they are not the same. I had my 290X in my PC a short while back and whilst I also felt the IQ was better, that was down to the fact that default settings are superior to NVidia's and not even I will argue with that but after some calibration (which is needed on both), I couldn't see a difference at all.

It's not changed though. I remember seeing the difference back when Matrox were making gaming cards!

No you can't really improve it with nvidia control panel settings, it will cause other issues like colour banding.

Caporegime
It's not changed though. I remember seeing the difference back when Matrox were making caming cards!

No you can't really improve it with control panel settings, it will cause other issues like colour banding.
What hasn't changed? The image in 10 years? The different shot in 10 years? The different light? FFS, I do wish people would actually use like for like.

And I must not have as good eyesight as you, as like I said, when doing the 290X against the 2080Ti, I felt after calibration, they were spot on for the both but I guess you have a lot more experience in this than me.

Soldato
What hasn't changed? The image in 10 years? The different shot in 10 years? The different light? FFS, I do wish people would actually use like for like.

Nvidia's overall image quality. It still has the slightly washed out and less sharp look it did back then.

Soldato
What was your last NVidia card? what game/s did you compare AMD against NVidia? Did you use the best screen capture bitrate?

I've had mostly Nvidia cards right up to a 970. Then I switched to a 480, there was a clear improvement with the image.

I saw the same years ago when I last used AMD.

Man of Honour
It's not changed though. I remember seeing the difference back when Matrox were making gaming cards!

No you can't really improve it with nvidia control panel settings, it will cause other issues like colour banding.

James Miller's link suggest that the reason AMD is perceived as more colourful is also a result of some small colour inaccuracy.

Caporegime
I've had mostly Nvidia cards right up to a 970. Then I switched to a 480, there was a clear improvement with the image.

I saw the same years ago when I last used AMD.
Just looked at your thread history and I would also be on AMD with the amount that has failed on you lol. As for the IQ, I genuinely can't see it when both are calibrated and then compare side by side images.

Soldato
Yep. The unreliability is the reason I switched. They were all dying before 2 years old but not had the issue with AMD cards yet.

Glad I did because the 20 series seems even worse.

Man of Honour
Then Intel and others must be wrong as well. Because this is purely an Nvidia thing...

I've got a 4K TV setup I use for movies and gaming away from my PC with multiple HDMI inputs and a variety of devices using Intel and nVidia hardware and quickly swapping between them and do some quick tests any differences are really slight - infact Intel maybe has slightly less deep blacks than nVidia maybe with both set to full RGB.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I know he can't, so had no worries saying that and yer, I do like NVidia but also am not opposed to buying AMD either (or Intel). And when did I mention video cards in the same breath as "swing both ways"? :D :D
Haha. You had a whole sig dedicated to it for at least a year at one point. I lol'd each time I saw it :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I did indeed but again, nowt to do with GPUs. Me and Greta Thunberg would get on really well me thinks :D
giphy.webp

:p

Back
Top Bottom