Mountain Biking

Soldato
Did you ever pick up your YT mate? My work is also in the process of lifting the C2W limit too. However YT’s are only available from the Green Commute Initiative from what I can see. Unfortunately my work are signed up to the normal C2W scheme.

No, my scheme wouldn't cover it. I've been looking at Orbea Rallon/Occam instead as i can get them through leisurelake on the Halfords C2W scheme.

Soldato
Yeah, they are a good bike. My mate just got his Jeffsy through the green commute initiative (helps if you are the MD in charge of which scheme to choose! haha) and was out on it the first time at Gisburn at the weekend. Lovely looking bike but he is a bit fussy, so he's looking to change the rims as he rides Barons at the moment and he's not keen on the dropper (rides Fox at the moment). Needs a bit of work when you get it though, brake levers need swapping over as they are setup for europe and dropper cable needed a bit of fettling to get it to work properly.

Soldato
I have to admit liking the Rallon, the offset rear spring and frame by the seatpost looks great, it looks great in green and orange also (M10 or M20, cant afford the M-LTD or Works). The thing that puts me off is the 170/160 F/R springs, they are a bit of a beast for anything other than gravity bike parks i feel.

Soldato
YT are brilliant value, even more so when you get them with £1000 off :D

If the new Occam had been available at the time it would have been an option but the wait times were just too long.

Caporegime
I have to admit liking the Rallon, the offset rear spring and frame by the seatpost looks great, it looks great in green and orange also (M10 or M20, cant afford the M-LTD or Works). The thing that puts me off is the 170/160 F/R springs, they are a bit of a beast for anything other than gravity bike parks i feel.

Just get the Occam, if you don't want a big bike and still want the looks.

@TallPaul_S that looks stunning in that colour! I was nearly tempted when the £1000 off offer was up, and might be next year!

Soldato
The Rallon is a pretty huge bike with the 29" wheels, the Occam is closer to the older Rallon that I had on the 27.5" wheels. We have a few on back order at the moment. I like the almost gulf colours.

YT are great value, but I'm not a big fan of the huge section of seat tube being so exposed.

Associate

don't mind taking my rallon on big days out up and down the lakes mountains. it does climb well for a big bike. its not the lightest when you have to carry it but its not to bad. just fitted the new shock link though but not ridden it yet and i have heard that makes it a slightly worse climber

Associate
for a jacket, I've used the same Altura Mayhem jacket for a good few years and it's been great. nicely breathable while being decently waterproof. It's been replaced with a Mayhem 2, which I don't know is better/worse (as I've not been in the market to need a replacement).

Back
Top Bottom