This Instant And Moment - 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I did that a couple of years ago :D It was actually really handy because I didn't have to worry about constantly going out each month to get one (I have 6 nephews and 4 nieces :o)

Years ago I had all my Xmas shopping done and wrapped by mid Nov but in recent years it's been a struggle to get the kids wish lists from my sister in good time and I've had to organise what my mum is giving people too :rolleyes: (as well as wrapping them for her)

a lot to buy for then in your family... I try to stay away from all the wrapping and buying presents... The only one I buy for is my dad but that's usually PC related which the missus hasn't got a clue about :p

Soldato
How're the studies going? From memory you had some struggles the first year due to circumstances, but haven't noticed you comment as much recently.

They aren't. I flunked uni by failing everything by a couple of points. I haven't repeated the year because I couldn't afford to. The university and course leader were too much of a liability and risky. I live on my own and have a mortgage etc.

Soldato
Is it sad that I got super excited this morning because it only took me 27 minutes to get into work :o :D

God i love half term :cool:

Also thank God tomorrow is all Hallows eve. I may have accidentally eaten a few of the trick or treater sweets :o

Soldato
Is it sad that I got super excited this morning because it only took me 27 minutes to get into work :o :D

God i love half term :cool:

Also thank God tomorrow is all Hallows eve. I may have accidentally eaten a few of the trick or treater sweets :o
Should be able to get to work pretty quickly on your broomstick?

Soldato
Boiler has slowly given up over the course of this week. Went from "push reset to fix" to "open the cover and spin the fan to loosen it" to "turn the fan and pray, third time it'll start".

I've been kick-starting it then running it all evening, but the mornings are still getting colder and colder. Think it's dead now. Engineer's coming tomorrow but he won't have the part with him so I guess I'm stuffed for a bit!

Soldato
Boiler has slowly given up over the course of this week. Went from "push reset to fix" to "open the cover and spin the fan to loosen it" to "turn the fan and pray, third time it'll start".

I've been kick-starting it then running it all evening, but the mornings are still getting colder and colder. Think it's dead now. Engineer's coming tomorrow but he won't have the part with him so I guess I'm stuffed for a bit!
It's always this time of year. We have a leak in the system somewhere as every three days all the pressure just disappears, had several people out, no leaks visible, nothing coming out the overflow, nothing inside the boiler. Nobody has a clue, they did say that it's possible it's in the concrete floor under the floor coverings. Nothing they can do, just keep topping it up... can't be healthy.

Soldato
I swear, cats are worse than kids sometimes. Could hear a weird noise so muted the tv and realised it sounded like a slurping noise. Looked over to the kitchen area and both cats are looking guilty, then one of them carries on looking at something on the ground.

Venture over and there's something on the floor, pick it up with some tissue....it's a worm :eek::( I mean, I know i get spiders and cheesy bugs sneaking through the front door but a worm?!!

The cats are now looking around wondering where it's gone :rolleyes:

It could be worse, you could wake up in the middle of the night from strange noises down stairs only to find your cat on a date night with a ball of wool. So I learnt from this discovery transitioning from male to female you still have urges.

vYjpQf0.jpg

Soldato
It could be worse, you could wake up in the middle of the night from strange noises down stairs only to find your cat on a date night with a ball of wool. So I learnt from this discovery transitioning from male to female you still have urges.

vYjpQf0.jpg
Haha :D

I caught my cat Max trying to hump with brother once (pre snip) so I promptly booked them an appointment with the vets. Occasionally now though when they are play fighting it seems like Max is trying to do it again and Charlie just sits there like ":eek: :( help" lol

Soldato
I thought you'd be used to this?

I also thought you had 3? Broke beemer, broke toy car and broke Japanese saloon thing?
He said usable ;)

I also think he sold one. So now he's got two cars that aren't roadworthy.

It is so ******* cold. I cannot wait for my office to be finished, where I'm currently working I have a blow heater which heats up the room and then it just disappears.

Caporegime
OP
I thought you'd be used to this?

I also thought you had 3? Broke beemer, broke toy car and broke Japanese saloon thing?

Beemer has no MOT cos I need to sort a few things beforehand and haven't got around to it yet.
Toy car got sold a couple of days ago.
Alternator packed up on the Celsior yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom