TEAMGROUP Gen4 SSD's NOW AVAILABLE: PERFECT FOR MAINBOARDS WITH HEATSINKS/COVERS & VERY GOOD PRICES!

OcUK Staff
OP
Need a like button :)

Guessing we've still got a roughly 2 week wait on these, excited to get mine and chuck OS on it. And COD, and a load of other stuff :p

Yes around that time, TeamGroup ship to us in big volumes coming from far east to make shipping not so expensive, so we have a huge amount of memory incoming too, they just need to manufacturer it which won't be done until first week of November, at that point it shall all ship together.

OcUK Staff
OP
What are the speeds on these Gen4's like compared to Gen3's? Like why should I get a Gen4 (aside from the fact I want new stuff :D).

Well 5000/5000mb's and 750/750K IOPS.

Gen3 is limited to like 3500MB/s

Fact is will you be able to notice the difference? Unknown, maybe if doing large file transfers but if you already have something like a 970 EVO then its simply not worthwhile. If however your on a SATA SSD that is like 550MB/s then yes its a huge leap.

Associate
It's a shame I can't use these on my X99 build because I need all of the sata ports to be usable with my 10 drives! I wonder if in the future Nvme drives will no longer affect the sata port usage, that would be nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, can't say this has started very well. By which I mean this has gone terribly.

Had machine booting into bios fine. Install team group and I get nothing. Taking it out and back into bios again. Am on bios version 1201 on my Asus x570-f (will update to 1403 in the morning) but it's not looking good for team group right now!

Edit:Fixed in three easy steps:
Step 1: try removing and reinserting
Step 2: Post on forum
Step 3: repeat step one

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Nice!

Are they looking to release GEN3 too?

being pushing them hard but best they will offer are Cardea 2 range which are red hearsink so kind of kills it and their MP34’s which we shall bring in to undercut the Rockets as same drive essentially.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well, can't say this has started very well. By which I mean this has gone terribly.

Had machine booting into bios fine. Install team group and I get nothing. Taking it out and back into bios again. Am on bios version 1201 on my Asus x570-f (will update to 1403 in the morning) but it's not looking good for team group right now!

So you up and running now? If so any chance you can post up some benchmarks as we’ve not even played internally yet but am considering one for myself in future. :)

Caporegime

I’ve had a few occasions where the drive hasn’t been installed properly. M2 drives are very sensitive to installation. A little bit off and they won’t work.

Soldato
So you up and running now? If so any chance you can post up some benchmarks as we’ve not even played internally yet but am considering one for myself in future. :)

I'm installing windows today (if asus mobo reconises the usb hdd with windows 10 installation media on it!) and will report back some basic benchmarks later, gonna end up with a samsung ssd and seagate hdd in the same PC too, so can do a little comparison :p

Back
Top Bottom