• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If they increase the prices of the 3080 and 3080ti from where we are currently with the 2080 and 2080ti's then... well they just wont sell in any viable volume surely.

People will just hold off and buy a console.

Yep. Would be ludicrous if they increase prices again. Hell would be even if they maintain them imo.

Now that they have milked people to pay for their “10 years R&D on RTX” to beta test it, they should price it like Pascal!

Associate
Catch 22 for existing Turing owners as if prices drop significantly for next gen then second hand prices of current gen will tank hard

bru

bru

Soldato
Prices wont reduce by much but a token $50 cheaper will make NVidia seem like they have listened and given us all what we want.

Caporegime
Can anyone explain why Nvidia has released... so many cards over the last year?

To have a full product stack reaching every price point, new cards to entice new sales, leverage improved manufacturing and yields to offer consumers higher performance further solidifying brand image.

The real question is why has AMD done bugger all? why are there still 480/580/590 cars in existence, and not a top to bottom NAvi stack?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To have a full product stack reaching every price point, new cards to entice new sales, leverage improved manufacturing and yields to offer consumers higher performance further solidifying brand image.

The real question is why has AMD done bugger all? why are there still 480/580/590 cars in existence, and not a top to bottom NAvi stack?
That is indeed a better question :D

Soldato

Why is that even relevant in this thread?

And to answer your question, Navi has only been out since July. It takes a long time to fill out a product stack, look how long Nvidia has taken to fill out the Turing lineup.

Soldato
That is indeed a better question :D

Come on, it's not a good question. Look at some of the Nvidia releases, Maxwell, Pascal, Turing, it was 6 to 9 months before they filled out their product stack. It happens all the time with new architecture.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Come on, it's not a good question. Look at some of the Nvidia releases, Maxwell, Pascal, Turing, it was 6 to 9 months before they filled out their product stack. It happens all the time with new architecture.
Being honest I never thought of it from that point of view. What I did think was Polaris feels ancient and they have yet to replace it.

Soldato
Being honest I never thought of it from that point of view. What I did think was Polaris feels ancient and they have yet to replace it.

Well, you know the reason that Polaris hasn't been replaced in ages, money. Navi is their First complete architecture in years and will take a while to fill in from top to bottom.

Soldato
Catch 22 for existing Turing owners as if prices drop significantly for next gen then second hand prices of current gen will tank hard

Meh, I just got a 2080 Ti for £899 brand new about a week ago, I can overclock and bench just above an OC'ed 2080 Ti Founders Edition which costs nearly £300 more and I won't be moving to the 3000 series until exactly this time next year so I won't feel bad selling it for a low price then as I will have gotten a lot of value out of it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Meh, I just got a 2080 Ti for £899 brand new about a week ago, I can overclock and bench just above an OC'ed 2080 Ti Founders Edition which costs nearly £300 more and I won't be moving to the 3000 series until exactly this time next year so I won't feel bad selling it for a low price then as I will have gotten a lot of value out of it.
I prefer to buy at the start of the cycle rather than towards the end personally. 3070 will probably match the 2080 Ti and likely beat it in RT performance for around half the price soon :D

Soldato
I prefer to buy at the start of the cycle rather than towards the end personally. 3070 will probably match the 2080 Ti and likely beat it in RT performance for around half the price soon :D

Usually I do too but no way I was paying Nvidia's insane asking price of £1200 when they initially launched and I wanted something now that could give me some decent performance, Not something in 3-4 months time.

Back
Top Bottom