What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
So... Yea my cars dead again... Que people telling me my cars cursed....

Anyway, Thursday morning I could smell fuel, inside the car.
Put head under bonnet, very strong smell.

Turns out two of the orings that seal the fuel rail to the injectors were damaged when the rail was put back on.
They lasted around 4 days it seems before the fuel pressure degraded them enough for them to let fuel past.

I've rung around, managed to find someone who has some rwcond hand ones I can buy. Other than that it was a mazda only part at £20 each! Yes £20 per single tiny oring.

Cars in bits. Waiting for these orings. Bah

Associate
What has happened to them. I see something about having to adjust the compound for the EU?

They've moved to a harder compound to increase tread wear and decrease rolling resistance, seemingly at the expense of dry grip.

Good old EU making things less safe :p. Was thinking of going for Nankang AR1 but decided against it as if I ever get caught out in the rain I'm stuffed. Car is only a weekend toy / summer car so decided it wasn't worth it.

Soldato
JvieFaP.jpg

Yep not great, car is filthy too which doesn't help, but I think it will ultimately be repainted door time (which will also potentially mean the whole front end given the colour and state of chips on the bonnet / bumper).

I'll touch it in temporarily and look at a spot repair but I'm not hopeful

mjt

mjt

Soldato
My 4yo knocked his bike into the rear door the Audi the other week. Gouged it nicely thanks to the metal rim on the edge of the handlebars :rolleyes:
Doesn't look quite as big as the gouge above though!

Soldato
Just serviced the Volvo this morning. It's off for an MOT tomorrow so took the opportunity to replace a slightly cracked passenger indicator. I'm sure it would have passed easily, but it had been annoying me. Anyway, hopefully that's it done for another year. It could probably do with a timing belt at some point, but that would be as much as the car is worth, unless I take some brave pills and give it a go myself.

So that's all 4 of my cars been serviced in the last 4 weeks (roughly). Phew. Hope I'm flush this time next year again. Although I doubt the Focus will make a full year with its 12,500 mile service interval.

Soldato
Further to the work having been carried out on my "fleet". Yesterday saw the Clio get a new thermostat, and a gearbox oil change, whilst the Volvo had it's MOT done.

Hopefully no more car based expenditure required for some weeks.

Caporegime
Alternator packed in on the Celsior. Left me stranded, but fortunately not far from home. My Grandad bless him gave me a lift home to get a spare battery then a lift back to the car, and the battery was just enough to limp home with just the side-lights on. :p

Explains the VSC errors I've been getting over the past few days when I start it up (its the first thing to die when there is low voltage) and it has been a bit lazy to start recently... No charge light came up though! My friend who used to have an LS400 said when his died he had no charge error either... :rolleyes:

Oh well... £130 for a refurb exchange unit, and fortunately it looks like a relatively easy job to do.

Typical that it would happen the day after I sold my other car, so I am without a working car until Saturday... Guess I'll play some videogames.

Quite interesting watching the order of everything dying when driving... The traction control goes first, then the ABS, then the multi function display goes dim, then the external lights go out, then the cluster needles go out, then the rest of the cluster illumination goes out, then the engine finally dies...

Back
Top Bottom