Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Don't get hung up on its looks... drive it. Back in the day I had the choice of a Z3M or an E36 M3 Coupe at my local dealer. I chose the wrong one because I was bothered about the Z3s looks. Would've held on to my money far better than I did with the M3 :p

Caporegime
Don't get hung up on its looks... drive it. Back in the day I had the choice of a Z3M or an E36 M3 Coupe at my local dealer. I chose the wrong one because I was bothered about the Z3s looks. Would've held on to my money far better than I did with the M3 :p
I still think you chose the right one. No point driving an ugly car because it will hold its value (not that you would have known at the time anyway) gotta buy the one you like.

Caporegime
Have you ever seen one in person??

Yes, lots. They do look better in person, but still nowhere near as good as an E36 M3 in my opinion.

I dont hate them, but I'm not a fan. Prefer a wide body convertible in terms of looks.

Your old one looks a bit more odd though, why is the numberplate on the bumper? Were some like that or is it a kit or? It leaves the boot lift "handle" looking a bit lost.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Yes, lots. They do look better in person, but still nowhere near as good as an E36 M3 in my opinion.

I dont hate them, but I'm not a fan. Prefer a wide body convertible in terms of looks.

Your old one looks a bit more odd though, why is the numberplate on the bumper? Were some like that or is it a kit or? It leaves the boot lift "handle" looking a bit lost.
Only the M Coupes had the number plate in the rear hatch.
M52 2.8s had small black handles and M54 3.0s got the big chrome ones. The facelift included more modern switchgear and clear indicators. Both had number plates in the rear bumper.

daz

daz

Soldato
Back in August I fancied a bit of a change with my car so sent out a few tentative emails to see what could be done... ended up talking to Yiannimize about a wrap. Always wanted a Lancia Stratos, and although I could have a replica of some kind at some point, thought a little "homage" would be worth a go. Bit different, and a bit out there but then a Performante doesn't blend in anywhere it goes anyway.

NmpNv4w.jpg

DWZsiEI.jpg

3BRRy01.jpg

Got home after a drive this afternoon and thought i'd take some pictures but like an idiot I had already put the roof back on when I did.

Have never wrapped a car before but I can see why people get in to it and make a habit of it, makes a nice change, and much cheaper than changing your car every 6/12/18 months :D. Lovely guys over at Yiannimize as well.

OcUK Staff
What was original colour? Love the wrap and I am glad you have best wheels they come with.

I am still keen on a Performante maybe in future and would go purple with those wheels I think.

daz

daz

Soldato
The original colour is just the metallic white (bianco icarus). I thought I might go matte at some point (probably when the PPF is due a refresh).

Soldato
IMG_20191103_160237.jpg

New to me, cracking little machine! Very tidy but shame about the weather!

Soldato
New runaround/daily for wifey after Civic got written off a few weeks ago. Bad photo as light fading fast here and weather aint great. Surprisingly torquey and pokey for a 2.0 diesel and that's from someone who drives a Mazda 3MPS daily.

DTbuf46.jpg

Back
Top Bottom