Steam Library Beta Coming Sept 17

Soldato
Does anyone know how to remove that "What's New" section at the top of the library page?

Been wondering the same thing myself but not seen anything that can be used to remove it. :(

Although for the moment it's a moot point for me, the client crashed for me twice so incase it is due to the new interface I opted out for the beta for now and back to the normal one.

Soldato
Anyone tried the new GOG v2? Downloading it now to test it, I do like the new Steam Beta but I want EVERYTHING in one place.

No, because, as I posted in the GoG thread, I don't see the point of it. It still has to open the launcher for the game you play, so rather than having one launcher open you now have two.

Soldato
No, because, as I posted in the GoG thread, I don't see the point of it. It still has to open the launcher for the game you play, so rather than having one launcher open you now have two.

Does GOG2 open the launcher and start the game or do you then need to click the game in the launcher?

Associate
Why would it have to open another launcher for (most) games? You'd point it to just run the exe, surely?

Soldato
Why would it have to open another launcher for (most) games? You'd point it to just run the exe, surely?

Each platform needs to run for the game to run. They sit in the system tray. It's for metrics, authentication ,cloud saves etc.

iirc GoG is the only platform where you don't need a client to run, though I do like Galaxy / Galaxy Beta. Every game I've bought I've downloaded the installer for, just in case of apocalypse :D

Back
Top Bottom