US: The Mandalorian

Associate
Disney+ in the USA no real news in the UK but Disney+ won't be here by the time it starts.
Andi.

yes it going to be a Disney+ only title and it will also be in 4k. As for the uk, Disney+ is slated come to the uk but the only info given at present states that it will launch sometime in the first or second quarter of 2020.
the show will have two episode drop on week 1, first episode will air apart of the Disney+ launch event which is Tuesday 12th of November, second episode will air on Friday 15th of November and then six remaining episode will be released every Friday for next six weeks.

1) 12th November (Disney+ Launch Date [Tuesday])
2) 15th November (Episode general release day [Friday])
---------------------Launch Week-----------------------------------
3) 22th November
4) 29th November
5) 6th December
6) 13th December
7) 20th December
8) 27th December

Caporegime
For me that was a much better trailer than the first and I'm looking forward to attempting to somehow watch it legally in the UK!
Might be six to nine months away. I’ve heard summer 2020 in the UK. Star Wars fans are generally quite tech savvy. No one is going to wait until then to watch this.

Associate
Might be six to nine months away. I’ve heard summer 2020 in the UK. Star Wars fans are generally quite tech savvy. No one is going to wait until then to watch this.

that about right, all the info I manage to find on Disney+ uk is that it is coming to the uk but not until some time into the first or second quarter 2020 at the very earliest, that if everything goes to plan. In the past US base services which had a uk launch date of q1 or q2 were delay launching in uk because something happen.

Don
Only themselves to blame, no reason why they couldn't air it a day or so later.

The reason they cannot air it a day later is because Disney+ isn't available in the UK yet, there is no platform to air it on.

It's going to be one of their headline shows for their US launch, not the rest of the world.

Caporegime
The reason they cannot air it a day later is because Disney+ isn't available in the UK yet, there is no platform to air it on.

It's going to be one of their headline shows for their US launch, not the rest of the world.
I bet when it finally launches in the UK they’ll still air it weekly too.

Caporegime

So they couldn't do a deal with a company over here to air it? If they're going to go the numerous months route then they can't start bitching about piracy as thats a given for just about any tv show.

Soldato
I’m sure sky would have been all over it if they’d been offered it until D+ launches over here.

So they're inventing/using their own platform that doesn't use sky or the internet ? That for some arbitrary reason will take 6 months longer to set it up in the UK than the rest of the world ?

Back
Top Bottom