*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
My pads left stick has some stick drift, just wondering if this is covered under warranty, I have got the MS extended warranty plan on my X.

Not sure how it works with pads, I presume its covered as well, but would they send me a replacement pad, I don't want to be left with no pad. If thats the case I might just get a new one myself and then send the broken one back for repair.

The pad comes with the console so it can be sent separately for repair, they don't offer an exchange upon collection. So you'd be without a pad for a bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
The pad comes with the console so it can be sent separately for repair, they don't offer an exchange upon collection. Do you'd be without a pad for a bit.

Yeah I chatted with support, I ended up buying another pad, that way I can send the broken pad back anytime and have a spare. I was going to get the elite V2 but its expensive and I don't think I would use it to its full potential.

Associate
I bought the Xbox X last night with Forza 4 and Forza Lego, got a free copy of Modern Warfare too.

Also bought a purple controller and 8tb external hdd.

Had been wanting a new pc monitor but one of the family xboxes died.

Soldato
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nces-upgrade-option-for-the-next-xbox-console

What do people think of this? I haven’t done the maths, but it’s quite tempting to go for an X then jump to Scarlett.

Me personally I wouldn't do it but just that's me. My policy is, if you cant afford to buy it out right then you shouldn't buy it at all. Excluding a mortgage.

Financial options on a games console, are MS trying to go down the Apple route?!?!!? Maybe a sign of the next console could be stupidly expensive.

Man of Honour
Hoping someone can help. My XBox One X is connected to a home cinema system and when playing Halo Master Chief Collection the rear speakers are extremely loud compared to the front, so much so that I struggle to hear the dialogue. The amps and speakers are properly set up and I don't have this problem watching videos from any other source or using my Switch or PS4. Is there a setting within XBox settings that might affect this?

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nces-upgrade-option-for-the-next-xbox-console

What do people think of this? I haven’t done the maths, but it’s quite tempting to go for an X then jump to Scarlett.

At face value, it looks alright. If Game Pass Ultimate is counted at full value (£10.99/month) then you're essentially getting an Xbox One X for £336, with 24 months 0% finance, and a guaranteed trade-in value of £168 (or less) if you change to an All Access Scarlet subscription next year.

But it isn't hard to beat.

If you haven't subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate before, you can grab an Xbox One X with 24 months of Ultimate for £395.44, which is over £200 less than this sybscription:

Buy an Xbox One X for £314.46.
Buy 2x 12 Month Xbox Live Gold for £79.98.
Upgrade Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate for £1.

If you can't redeem the upgrade offer, 6 months of Game Pass Ultimate can be purchased for £32.92. Redeem the £1 trial first and that gives 7 months for £33.92. So you'll save at least £67.55 compared to the "All Access" offer, and possibly more if you can find Game Pass Ultimate for less than £10.99/month after the 7 month sub runs out.

Of course, by buying outright you do lose 24 months interest free finance (unless you can get that elsewhere). So that's worth factoring in. But how much is that really worth?

As for the trade-in offer, I'll be surprised if the Xbox One X is worth substantially less than £168 when Scarlet launches. But buying the console outright gives you more options 12 months from now. Via All Access, you have two choices; swap to All Access Scarlet at an unknown subscription price, or continue with the Xbox One X All Access sub.

Last edited:
Associate
Recently got myself a fancy new LG OLED and I've been toying with the idea of selling my current One S and picking up an X. Hoping for some decent deals popping up around Black Friday. Those that have made the jump is it worth it?

Soldato
Recently got myself a fancy new LG OLED and I've been toying with the idea of selling my current One S and picking up an X. Hoping for some decent deals popping up around Black Friday. Those that have made the jump is it worth it?

Yup 100% if you've got a 4K TV, even without 4K I'd say the improvement is vast in terms of getting true 1080 and better frame-rates.

Soldato
Hoping someone can help. My XBox One X is connected to a home cinema system and when playing Halo Master Chief Collection the rear speakers are extremely loud compared to the front, so much so that I struggle to hear the dialogue. The amps and speakers are properly set up and I don't have this problem watching videos from any other source or using my Switch or PS4. Is there a setting within XBox settings that might affect this?
What connection are you using to the sound system? What encoding are you using? Tried the Atmos download for Xbox?
Definitely, not only for IQ gains but the speed of loading.

Man of Honour
I bought the Xbox X last night with Forza 4 and Forza Lego, got a free copy of Modern Warfare too.

Also bought a purple controller and 8tb external hdd.

Had been wanting a new pc monitor but one of the family xboxes died.

That HDD will load very slowly and you will end up with hitching or textures popping in frequently.

Soldato
It's HDMI to my amp. No I've not tried that app. How do I install it? I don't have Atmos speakers, just 5.1.
Have you fiddled with all the audio out settings https://support.xbox.com/en-HK/xbox-one/console/choosing-speaker-audio-output? What are your current settings?

As for Atmos, if you search the store on your xbox it should come up, however I'm not sure it's going to work for you. I was under the impression it can upmix for all devices, but it looks like it might just be headphones. If all else fails might be worth a shot in the dark.

Associate
That HDD will load very slowly and you will end up with hitching or textures popping in frequently.

Will it?

Well I dont know as yet, previous x box had a Seagate 4tb usb powered drive and 5 users never complained. Before that a 1tb WD drive.

This is the Seagate 8tb powered drive, it also comes in a white xbox specific model, so far only a handful of games and no one has complained.

Both are newer usb spec.

Seems a huge majority use external USB 3 drives to store games as newer games fil3s are so large.

What do you do, run a few games in the internal 2.5" hdd and delete as you change games?

If a problem is ever noted by the millions of xbox users I may move to a NAS if it can do any better.

Man of Honour
Will it?

Well I dont know as yet, previous x box had a Seagate 4tb usb powered drive and 5 users never complained. Before that a 1tb WD drive.

This is the Seagate 8tb powered drive, it also comes in a white xbox specific model, so far only a handful of games and no one has complained.

Both are newer usb spec.

Seems a huge majority use external USB 3 drives to store games as newer games fil3s are so large.

What do you do, run a few games in the internal 2.5" hdd and delete as you change games?

If a problem is ever noted by the millions of xbox users I may move to a NAS if it can do any better.

I use a 1TB SSD inside the XBox itself. I have no need to have more than 1TB of games installed at once. Maybe 3 multiplayer games and 10 single player games at any one time.

A NAS will be even slower than a USB connected mechanical drive!

Man of Honour
Have you fiddled with all the audio out settings https://support.xbox.com/en-HK/xbox-one/console/choosing-speaker-audio-output? What are your current settings?

As for Atmos, if you search the store on your xbox it should come up, however I'm not sure it's going to work for you. I was under the impression it can upmix for all devices, but it looks like it might just be headphones. If all else fails might be worth a shot in the dark.

It’s set to bitstream straight into my amp. But after googling it looks like an issue with the game itself, lots of people on reddit have mentioned it.

Associate
I use a 1TB SSD inside the XBox itself. I have no need to have more than 1TB of games installed at once. Maybe 3 multiplayer games and 10 single player games at any one time.

A NAS will be even slower than a USB connected mechanical drive!

Well im sure it all depends, but a huge majority of xbox owners use external drives without your issues due to 1tb being too small and filling quickly.

Modern titles can be pretty large downloads, many reviews state one of the xbox x issues is storage due to how quickly the drive fills.

Now take a family of five, plus guests, well that 1tb is too small. I have 3 kids and their friends, an xbox x with 8tb external downstair, and xbox s with 4tb external upstair. No one has yet came crying their eyes out about drive speed etc. Biggest issue is network with so many mobiles, consoles, devices n PC's in the house.
At times 6 kids are gaming over two devices, online and off.

The majority of the gaming community find external drives for consoles and find no reason to cry.

Now both my lads and daughter have 1tb ssd's in pc's just for their favorite games, seperate ssd for os and programs, standard hdd for other files. Individual single user pc's really.
Well the 1tb drives fill pretty quickly there too. Every new game i'm uninstalling another. My next pc ssd for games will be 2tb or 4tb.

Soldato
I have the 8tb Xbox powered drive on my X and a 1tb SSD Inside the Xbox. Tbh I notice more difference in the dash than in the speed of games loading. It’s quicker but not by much really but the dash is much more usable over the stock drive....

Man of Honour
Well im sure it all depends, but a huge majority of xbox owners use external drives without your issues due to 1tb being too small and filling quickly.

Modern titles can be pretty large downloads, many reviews state one of the xbox x issues is storage due to how quickly the drive fills.

Now take a family of five, plus guests, well that 1tb is too small. I have 3 kids and their friends, an xbox x with 8tb external downstair, and xbox s with 4tb external upstair. No one has yet came crying their eyes out about drive speed etc. Biggest issue is network with so many mobiles, consoles, devices n PC's in the house.
At times 6 kids are gaming over two devices, online and off.

The majority of the gaming community find external drives for consoles and find no reason to cry.

Now both my lads and daughter have 1tb ssd's in pc's just for their favorite games, seperate ssd for os and programs, standard hdd for other files. Individual single user pc's really.
Well the 1tb drives fill pretty quickly there too. Every new game i'm uninstalling another. My next pc ssd for games will be 2tb or 4tb.
While I'm not too sure why you use such hyperbole, I am not personally willing to put up with the longer load times and texture pop-in that you get with the larger and slower drives. It's also nice being the first to load in multiplayer games and getting to pick the character I want before someone else does :D

Of course your kids don't notice of care. They're kids!

If you have no issues, good for you and keep using what you prefer.

Back
Top Bottom