iPhone 8 selling questions - recycling sites, eBay

Soldato
Hi all,

I've upgraded from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone 11, and now need to sell my 8.

It's in excellent condition other than a small chip in the glass above the rear camera, but for this reason all of the major recycling sites seemingly consider it scrap. I sent it to Mazuma mobile after them initially offering £210 for it in fair condition (I assumed they'd take this into consideration), and they came back with an offer of £30 based on it being in "dead" condition on account of the chip.

1. Has anyone had any success sending iPhones with small cracks or chips in the glass to these recycling sites and getting fair money for it?

2. I'm tempted to put it on eBay and get more money for it, but I'm very wary of this as a selling platform for iDevices. Is there anything I can do to minimise the chances of being scammed? I'll obviously make note of the IMEI/serial etc. Ideally I'd like the simplicity of just sending it to a recycling site, but this might be my only option as I'm not willing to accept a low offer for an otherwise perfectly-working phone.

Thanks!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

MM if you're a part of it is what I hear from everyone on this forum.

Still got another 250 odd posts to go before im even allowed in :(

Associate
Don’t forget to do a full erase and reset and make sure that ‘find my iPhone’ is disabled. The full erase and reset option now automatically does this, you should be prompted about it.

Back
Top Bottom