Anyone bought the Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q yet?

Soldato
OP
The P has it's own product page on the Gigabyte website, stating the 1.4 displayport etc and there's a few YouTube videos comparing the models. I was under the impression they'd launch at the same time.

Soldato
OP
I don't think Gigabyte have handled the launch of these well at all, when even retailers and their own reps didn't know that there was another model coming with higher specs is bad. The fact that the price of the original hasn't been reduced by much at all when it should now surely be EoL is bizarre.

Soldato
OP
That's the thing, nobody seems to know, as I've already said they haven't reduced the price of the previous model, so what's happening on price is anyone's guess... I don't think dp 1.4 and 10bit at 165hz justifies that kind of price premium though on the same panel.

If I don't hear anything soon though I think I may just go with one of the newer LG's or wait to see what drops next year.

Soldato
OP
Jeez that article is full of mistakes, they've got the none p version but keep referring to it as the p. The difference being on the none p you get DP 1.2 and only 8bit colour at 165hz.

Granted I don't normally pay this much attention to product launches but this has been a fuster cluck for Gigabyte.

Soldato
OP
@NikTheSHNIK is Gigabyte customer service deliberately vague? Contacting them directly specifically about a release date and expected price and all I'm told is it's not currently available in the uk and it's up to the local release schedule but no info about when that might be or how I can find out.

Are there any really good monitor deals coming up on something comparable?

Back
Top Bottom