Anyone fitted Eicher brake disks and pads?

Soldato
brembo is a big name selling cheap/same quality pads as pagid and who ever else.

I found brembo to be alright, same with pagid, same with other pads..

unless you're tracking your car and genuinely over-heat the pad you won't see any difference on the road.

mind you, my last pair of pagids on the lexus was very squeaky when cold.

Soldato
Im using Ferodo OE replacement disks and pads all round at the moment. They seem pretty good and I'll probably use them again.

Soldato
Eicher is ECP's own brand, production was farmed out to whoever in the early days, so the quality could be variable. Now it's made by TMD Friction who do Mintex TRW and Padgid. Typically you'd probably be better calling your local independent factor, this week I needed front pads and disc's for one of the RAV's, Eicher about £95 inc discount, QH disc's and Allied Nippon pads £74 from my factor. ECP is the SCS of the car parts world, they always have a sale on and tend to be offensively over priced at the best of times.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eicher is ECP's own brand, production was farmed out to whoever in the early days, so the quality could be variable. Now it's made by TMD Friction who do Mintex TRW and Padgid. Typically you'd probably be better calling your local independent factor, this week I needed front pads and disc's for one of the RAV's, Eicher about £95 inc discount, QH disc's and Allied Nippon pads £74 from my factor. ECP is the SCS of the car parts world, they always have a sale on and tend to be offensively over priced at the best of times.
But pagid is ecp own brand made by tmd why would they have two

Soldato
But pagid is ecp own brand made by tmd why would they have two

Not unless you know something I don’t. Pagid is a brand owned and produced by TMD, Eicher is a brand owned by ECP who subcontract production to TMD. Pagid have been a long time supplier of OE kit to VAG/Ford well before ECP ever existed, TMD also own Mintex, they all used to roll out of the same factory in Scotland.

Soldato
Not unless you know something I don’t. Pagid is a brand owned and produced by TMD, Eicher is a brand owned by ECP who subcontract production to TMD. Pagid have been a long time supplier of OE kit to VAG/Ford well before ECP ever existed, TMD also own Mintex, they all used to roll out of the same factory in Scotland.

pagid is ecp only you can’t buy it anywhere else

I thought eicher were made in india and are cheapest of the cheap.

I have only ever seen textar used in any OEM applications

Soldato

That simply isn't true, Pagid are also sold by Halfrauds (online) and Pagid sell direct on Amazon (7,000 listings), as well as via the trade distributors. Pagid was a German brand in the 40's, they have a long history in brakes and were OE to VAG/Ford for decades, they were sold to TMD about 20? years ago. Eicher is 100% an ECP own brand, at one point I believe it was sourced from the lowest bidder and much of that came in from India, those days are thankfully long gone.

Soldato
That simply isn't true, Pagid are also sold by Halfrauds (online) and Pagid sell direct on Amazon (7,000 listings), as well as via the trade distributors. Pagid was a German brand in the 40's, they have a long history in brakes and were OE to VAG/Ford for decades, they were sold to TMD about 20? years ago. Eicher is 100% an ECP own brand, at one point I believe it was sourced from the lowest bidder and much of that came in from India, those days are thankfully long gone.
ECP Sell to halfords. If you buy parts from Halfords they will buy it off ECP and sell it to you.

Can you send me a link toPagid parts being sold by Amazon? They all seem to be listed by ECP.

Can you find me a link to any other motor factor selling Pagid?

Soldato
That means you haven't cleaned corrosion from the carriers properly. There should never be any need to file/sand brake pads to get them to fit, particularly with the brand names.
the overly thick/dripped paint , not the pad

interesting to see how pagid and eicher and mintex etc are made by TMD friction and often in the same factories considering the many many internet debates on them.

Last edited:
Soldato

TRW and ATE are also OEM suppliers. Pretty sure the 8P S3 uses TRW for example. As does at least the rear pads on my Clio 197.

Soldato
ECP Sell to halfords. If you buy parts from Halfords they will buy it off ECP and sell it to you.

Can you send me a link toPagid parts being sold by Amazon? They all seem to be listed by ECP.

Can you find me a link to any other motor factor selling Pagid?

Go to Amazon, type 'pagid' in and look at the first item that comes up, the seller is listed as Pagid.

Look at https://tmdfriction.com scroll to the bottom, it lists the company brands as 'Textar, Mintex, Don, Pagid' etc.

Look at https://pagid.com/about-us/history/ it shows that while I was slightly out with the decade they were first appointed as OE suppliers and it was 2001 they were sold to TMD so more like 18 years going on 19 than 'about 20', I was accurate with pretty much everything else. TMD was apparently sold to Nisshinbo in 2011, so have a look at: https://www.nisshinbo.co.jp/english/profile/group.html which makes zero mention that I could see of ECP, probably because LKQ Corporation own them.

If you want to continue to think that they are an ECP exclusive, then feel free to post something that shows this, but unless you can link LKQ and Nisshinbo in some way that i'm not aware of, at best they have a preferential supply agreement.

Soldato
Go to Amazon, type 'pagid' in and look at the first item that comes up, the seller is listed as Pagid.

Look at https://tmdfriction.com scroll to the bottom, it lists the company brands as 'Textar, Mintex, Don, Pagid' etc.

Look at https://pagid.com/about-us/history/ it shows that while I was slightly out with the decade they were first appointed as OE suppliers and it was 2001 they were sold to TMD so more like 18 years going on 19 than 'about 20', I was accurate with pretty much everything else. TMD was apparently sold to Nisshinbo in 2011, so have a look at: https://www.nisshinbo.co.jp/english/profile/group.html which makes zero mention that I could see of ECP, probably because LKQ Corporation own them.

If you want to continue to think that they are an ECP exclusive, then feel free to post something that shows this, but unless you can link LKQ and Nisshinbo in some way that i'm not aware of, at best they have a preferential supply agreement.

Just click this page
https://pagid.com/product-range/brake-pads/
and press buy now it goes straight to ECP

Can you please post a link to the product on amazon?

They are an ECP exlcusive brand used by TMD for ECP only.

Associate
I have a Merc C350 Sport, what parts make does anyone recommend when replacing brake discs and pads. I've looked at all the makes I can find and prices vary considerably. I won't stint on brakes and don't mind paying for the best. Any advice would be appreciated. j

Back
Top Bottom