Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Caporegime
Two things remain constant in F1. Ferrari burn oil, and Renault cheat.
If you’re not cheating you’re not trying hard enough. Any team, if they thought it would give them an advantage and they thought they’d get away with it or it wouldn’t be detected would cheat. Many have.

Soldato
It looks a bit A1GP for my liking. Also bear in mind that that is their 'ideal' artistic version given the rules. They also showed other interpretations which still followed the rules but were much less aesthetic.

This is what I was referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JddVHuPmCM. Starts at 19:10

Thanks for posting this. It was good to see other versions of cars within the same rules as all the ones I’ve seen are the red one and didn’t realise others could be that much different. :)

Soldato
Why not standardise break discs and pads and callipers to a small selection? Fans don't care about the breaking components, the technology isn't useable on the road so isn't furthering development there either. It's unseen, and other than Haas, isn't even really talked about. There's not much Brembo or Carbon Industries advertising either, so just standardise it to help make F1 just that little bit more simple.

EDIT: Found out they are in 2023.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Indianapolis Motor Speedway & the IndyCar Series sold to Roger Pemske : https://racer.com/2019/11/04/breaking-hulman-and-co-sells-ims-indycar-to-penske/

Probably the best outfit that they could have found to sell to as far as safe pairs of hands go.

And for anyone who would bleat about conflicts of interest and the like, just remember Don Panoz and the American Le Mans Series. It's possible to have a stake in a series, or even own it outright, and race in it without ******* the whole thing up.

Back
Top Bottom