Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Hey guys, can you please help.

After installing that last 7GB patch and updating my Nvidia drivers my fps has gone down a lot and I'm not sure why?

I got home last night and i'd installed the latest patch and nvidia drivers the night before and when I started playing last night I noticed my fps would be jumping between 50-80fps and previous to this it was locked at 144fps since launch using my RTX 2080.

I really want to get to my fps back to 144fps but do you reckon they've broken the game with their patch?

I think it's a known issue at this point, I've lost around 15-20% in fps at times, as well as some very strange artifacting once. Where the rocks on a map (the one with the barns, open field one side, trenched out road on the other. A is in hay bails. Anyway, the rocks had the rgb mesh artifacting you'd normally see from GPU memory issues. I restarted my PC, thoroughly tested my GPU with zero issues over 60 minutes and launched the game and didn't see the issue again. I'd give it a month or 2 until all the performance/graphical issues are mostly stamped out.

As for the game, I am REALLY starting to get tired of my character callouts, it's beyond broken and it's putting me off playing. Multiple times I snuck up behind enemy lines, got my self into position about to take out several, only for me to scream out 'ENEMY SPOTTED', and all 3 turn around and gun me down. It's beyond dumb.

Associate
I got rid of all graphical issues by deleting the 2 CFG files in my documents Modern Warfare players folder.

Be sure to back it up first just in case.

Soldato
I got rid of all graphical issues by deleting the 2 CFG files in my documents Modern Warfare players folder.

Be sure to back it up first just in case.

It just recreates them? Those host your graphical settings most likely. So doesn't really do much. But I'll take a look when I get home and see what's what.

Soldato
I think it's a known issue at this point, I've lost around 15-20% in fps at times, as well as some very strange artifacting once. Where the rocks on a map (the one with the barns, open field one side, trenched out road on the other. A is in hay bails. Anyway, the rocks had the rgb mesh artifacting you'd normally see from GPU memory issues. I restarted my PC, thoroughly tested my GPU with zero issues over 60 minutes and launched the game and didn't see the issue again. I'd give it a month or 2 until all the performance/graphical issues are mostly stamped out.

Yeah I had an issue on that map but instead the sun was causing half of the level to be unplayable cause it was so bright.

As for the game, I am REALLY starting to get tired of my character callouts, it's beyond broken and it's putting me off playing. Multiple times I snuck up behind enemy lines, got my self into position about to take out several, only for me to scream out 'ENEMY SPOTTED', and all 3 turn around and gun me down. It's beyond dumb.

Yep, and because I try and play a bit sneaky, getting behind enemy lines it gets me caught out!

Soldato
Just read on one of my discords that the game is setting the CPU prio to high. Not checked it my self but wonder if anyone else's is doing it?

That's right mate, every day since launch what I had to do was launch the game and then minimise to desktop, go to Task Manager and change CPU priority to NORMAL and then I wouldn't get input lag with the mouse. It made it feel butter smooth, otherwise the game was unplayable. But since the new patch I still do this every single time I launch the game but now I have fps issues.

It doesn't seem to do much now changing CPU priority to NORMAL. But I still do it anyways.

I just don't get why they would release a patch that cuts my fps in half? How is this even possible to do this, I just don't understand, especially when I'm running RTX 2080.

Soldato
That's right mate, every day since launch what I had to do was launch the game and then minimise to desktop, go to Task Manager and change CPU priority to NORMAL and then I wouldn't get input lag with the mouse. It made it feel butter smooth, otherwise the game was unplayable. But since the new patch I still do this every single time I launch the game but now I have fps issues.

It doesn't seem to do much now changing CPU priority to NORMAL. But I still do it anyways.

I just don't get why they would release a patch that cuts my fps in half? How is this even possible to do this, I just don't understand, especially when I'm running RTX 2080.

Try going from 144fps (gsync) to 60-70 FPS on some maps with a 2080 ti lol, I'm sure they will fix it. But it's certainly not the smoothest of releases.

Soldato
This release seems to be a mixed bag. I've only had 1 crash and that was on Day 0. However since then it has been smooth sailing. My friends game crashed several times last night alone.

Soldato
Finished the campaign last night, one of the best FPS campaigns I’ve ever played imo just like watching a really good war film.

definitely took inspiration from 13 hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi for the embassy mission

Soldato
Finished the campaign last night, one of the best FPS campaigns I’ve ever played imo just like watching a really good war film.

definitely took inspiration from 13 hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi for the embassy mission

Have they fixed the flickering on mission 3 yet?

I've not tried it since day 1 but I was enjoying it until mission 3 and then the screen was constantly flickering on the 3rd mission which made it unplayable.

I've give it another shot tonight after work, I've updated the game and my nvidia drivers since then so fingers crossed!

Soldato
Have they fixed the flickering on mission 3 yet?

I've not tried it since day 1 but I was enjoying it until mission 3 and then the screen was constantly flickering on the 3rd mission which made it unplayable.

I've give it another shot tonight after work, I've updated the game and my nvidia drivers since then so fingers crossed!

I’m not sure as I don’t think I had this problem? I did get stuttering in the cutscenes sometimes but that’s because it was just loading but the actual gameplay was pretty flawless through out for me

Associate
Everyone is using it, just a bit boring getting killed by it every time.

I get why, it's a great weapon but zzzz

I'd rather be killed by a m4 than some idiot with the 725 shotgun grr its more annoying than dying to a claymore!
But yes I think they need to do some weapon balancing to make more guns feasible to use.

Back
Top Bottom