Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
I have a 2500k overclocked to 4 and a 1080ti GC in my HTPC, will I be ok to play thia?

You will have no problem. I’m running with a 980 and it will be fine. I will upgrade next year though.

Look at recommended specs, asking if a game that isn't out yet if it will run is just stupid. no one knows.

Biggest boost to me was getting a G-Sync monitor

Agreed, gsync is a life changer.

Caporegime
I'm not really making a comparison to the consoles as I've not looked at videos for those versions much, but taking it on its own I think it looks very nice, and will no doubt run much better. Not sure what you were expecting, it's not like they're making it from scratch.

Nexus being nexus...he's a console scrub these days :p

Was hoping for a proper leap in graphics like GTA 5 was when they brought it to the new consoles and PC, which didn't require "making it from scratch".

Other than extra FPS, seems like a waste if you have already played and completed the game.

I reckon if console was allowed to remove things like DOF, motion blur, vignette, chromatic aberation, it would be even less of a difference but hey, good to see people supporting double and even triple dipping :D :o

Was also going to say about sync tech but then xbx already had that too.... granted locked to 30 fps though.

Only main saving grace will be the mods unless they decide to try and lock that down like they did for GTA 5 at one point.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
RDR2 was the only game which ever tempted me to buy a console, it was a title I very much wanted but ultimately even it wasnt enough to make me get a console and I remained with PC gaming. That its now coming on PC is one of the best pieces of gaming news I've had all year and I'm fairly sure that it will end up being my game of the year, very excited for the 5th Nov and cant wait to see its gameworld unfold before me

Associate
Up to you in the end but for your information, CDKeys have said they be sending out the keys the day before, so guess it be down to they having enough keys as well maybe ?

Nah they will have enough keys bro its just whether the download will complete in time, we don't know what the bandwidth will be like

Man of Honour
Do I buy this for £10 cheaper on cdkeys and risk not completing the download in time for release or do I just go straight to R* and start downloading now

depends how important £10 is to you I guess. Look at it this way, a tenner is less than the price of 1 domino pizza, less than the price of 1 trip to the cinema, less than the price of getting 2 films on Sky Store, less than the price of 1 pack of cigarettes and equal to the price of a few pints in a pub. You'd have to weigh up how important that tenner is for you against peace of mind when it comes to RDR2 release.

Associate
depends how important £10 is to you I guess. Look at it this way, a tenner is less than the price of 1 domino pizza, less than the price of 1 trip to the cinema, less than the price of getting 2 films on Sky Store, less than the price of 1 pack of cigarettes and equal to the price of a few pints in a pub. You'd have to weigh up how important that tenner is for you against peace of mind when it comes to RDR2 release.

Thanks for the perspective lol, I have the day off work on Tuesday so I may just pay the extra and ensure I can use the time to play

Associate
Glad cdkeys are releasing keys a day early, as 150gb is going to take about 45 minutes to download, but that's on the assumption I get close to full speed on the download... which I'm feeling like I wont lol.

Back
Top Bottom