*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
Should be today some time.

"NOV 1 – NOV 4
Weekend 4: All Multiplayer Maps and Modes

Weekend Trial #4 – Full Game: Sample all the multiplayer mayhem Battlefield V has to offer. Chapter 5 of Battlefield V will launch this weekend, bringing the intense invasion battles of the Pacific theater as the U.S. and Japan armies enter the fray."

Soldato
It seems DICE are pushing the Breakthrough/operations Gamemode instead of the traditional Conquest

The live service model throughout BFV has mean't that maps do not get released with all of the game modes initially. Conquest will be coming soon to those maps, and there will probably be limited time modes as well.

The new Pacific maps appear to have been primarily designed for breakthrough, and so far it looks like they've done an excellent job, they feel like battlefield which has not been the case for some earlier map and game mode combinations.

Associate
Braddock said

"The new maps are part of the normal Conquest rotation. There's not a dedicated Conquest Pacific playlist at this time. (I believe the new maps are after Al-Sundan in the rotation, so look for a server that is running Al-Sundan.)"

Associate
What is the script with dx12 causing crashing? My fps is terrible in dx11 so I tried going to dx12 and I got some weird stutter, found a fix and after a while it seems to smooth out, averaging north of 110fps (1080ti). But today it has started to just crash while loading a map. I still have BF1 installed, runs fine but out of curiosity I put that on dx12 mode as well and now getting exact same issue.

From looking around I am not seeing much in the way of solutions other than blind leading the blind :(

Associate
I'm not sure if it's the tropical setting that I personally like, but this Pacific update feels different from the rest of the game and more akin to original Battlefield. It's got that sandbox vibe with all the landing craft and tanks, and yet the maps are structured in a way that players bunch up together so it's not too lone wolf.

Two new maps are much better. If only they would take Metro out of the rotation. 700 ticket cluster ****.

Also why the hell give that small map 700 tickets and not the larger ones.

Completely taking the **** not introduction private servers.m (to late now).

This has also been by far the worst BF for cheaters. One last night freely admitted to it in chat!

Associate
Two new maps are much better. If only they would take Metro out of the rotation. 700 ticket cluster ****.

Also why the hell give that small map 700 tickets and not the larger ones.

Completely taking the **** not introduction private servers.m (to late now).

This has also been by far the worst BF for cheaters. One last night freely admitted to it in chat!

I spectated a cheater around Wednesday/Thursday for a good 10 minutes and despite the none stop head shots, shooting through smoke and tracking people through walls he was adamant he was legit. Players on the server even said they knew he was cheating.

Soldato
I bought and downloaded this earlier in the week so it'd be ready to play this weekend. I didn't factor the big update that has since been released into my plan though.

Now sat waiting, "like a boomer" I believe the phrase is. :cool:

Edit:
Just fired it up and had a quick blast through the SP mini intro bits and I'm surprised how good it looks on medium settings. It really is on the limit of my card though, and the CPU is being pushed very hard too. It's playable enough but it's definitely time to start shopping around!

Last edited:
Soldato
Blimey, where did those hours go? Just had my first multiplayer session since the beta, playing through some Breakthrough maps (a new game mode to me) and it was great fun. Man, I've missed Battlefield.

The old 'pooter is just about holding 60fps for all but the most hectic moments on mostly medium settings but with high mesh, AA and HBAO which is a bonus.

Soldato
Played for a fair few hours with mates, never seem to get into any of the smaller maps/game modes - the game look nice, it runs well, but seems like such a cluster**** game mode with people everywhere.

I miss metro and more infantry style maps but unless im missing something, this game hardly seems to cater for that?

Bring back server selection ffs.

Soldato
Played for a fair few hours with mates, never seem to get into any of the smaller maps/game modes - the game look nice, it runs well, but seems like such a cluster**** game mode with people everywhere.

I miss metro and more infantry style maps but unless im missing something, this game hardly seems to cater for that?

Bring back server selection ffs.

Have you played the Operation Underground map? I came across it on a Breakthrough server last night and highly recommend both the map and game mode.

Back
Top Bottom