***Death Stranding***

Soldato
lol does anyone have a clue yet as to what is going on with the game?
I read last night that the game is about unifying cities and bringing people together, which is where the "strands" come in as they tie everything up. Could be an allegory for our modern fractured society. As to the actual mechanics of that... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: just seen someone else already state this above.. doh!

Soldato
Someone on reddit posted a translation of a piece from a Dutch PlayStation site;

Travel between life and death

Save civilization in a desolate world that is plagued by supernatural dangers.

Life and death

Experience an adventure you've never seen before - from the legendary game designer Hideo Kojima. Play as the everyday Sam Bridges as he faces a deadly and mysterious world where death is lurking everywhere.

Death Stranding is a unique and unforgettable game with a star cast, including Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Lindsay Wagner, Léa Seydoux and Guillermo del Toro.

What is Death Stranding?

The legendary game maker Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) presents a groundbreaking action adventure. Norman Reedus, Mads Mikkelsen, Léa Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner play the lead roles in this new open world game for PS4.

In the near future, the entire world will be plagued by mysterious explosions and supernatural events called the Dead Stranding. Strange, deadly creatures appear everywhere and humanity is about to die out. Sam Porter Bridges travels through the destroyed no man's land to secure the future of humanity.

Survive unique challenges

Make sure you are armed and complete your missions to reunite a broken nation. Hold yourself under the weight of your cargo as you protect your things from bandits and try to evade frightening Stranded Things. Many people depend on you. Don't disappoint them.

Explore the world

The Decima engine generates a lifelike landscape that has been totally transformed by the Dead Stranding. Obstacles block your path and force you to find other routes, while supernatural elements change your environment.

Death is not the end

Dying means no 'game over' in Death Stranding. You then end up in a strange world and you have to find your own way back to the land of the living. Also be careful during battles. Killing your enemy is almost never the best solution. After all, every death has consequences.

Help other players

Help other travelers without meeting each other via asynchronous online gameplay. Send stuff, share safehouses and follow the routes of other couriers to restore civilization.

Soldato
Looks like such a mad story - But Kojima has never steered me wrong yet - This will be a rare release day order for me :D

So glad it's this year as well, that was a bit of a surprise!

Associate
Looks like the Collectors Edition is sold out, I'm a big fan of Kojima and going into this with an open mind... however, there are elements to the trailer which look rather underwhelming.

The stealth/evasion section of the trailer was very underwhelming, but there is still time.

Soldato
8 minute launch trailer:

Still rather baffled by this game, and not in an entirely good way. I still can't see what it is you're going to be spending your time actually doing either.

Apparently the reviews are out tomorrow.

Associate
8 minute launch trailer:

Still rather baffled by this game, and not in an entirely good way. I still can't see what it is you're going to be spending your time actually doing either.

Apparently the reviews are out tomorrow.

Up to now i was day one Kojima games buyer.

This one looks interesting but from the trailers i don't get it either. They say though its an amazing game so we shall see from the reviews. I will wait this one out i have a huge backlog to play, Outer worlds, Zelda links awakening, among a few others.

Associate
I feel that this guy gets good reviews even if his game’s aren’t that good. I’m expecting some high scoring reviews but they’ll be questionable. Nice to be wrong though.

Soldato
looking forward to waking up, making coffee and watching a few reviews. Really fancy a new open world story driven ps4 game and this looks stunning. Here's hoping it can create a similar emotional impact that the last of us did!

Soldato
Need to read some more but Eurogamer statement of its just glorified fetch quests even in the main story has put me off a tad.

I know open world games all have this but some have too dam many

Back
Top Bottom