Upcoming Concerts

Associate
Tried to get tickets this morning for Paul Weller at the Cambridge Corn Exchange next year. They went on sale at 9am, and I was logged on and ready before then. All of a sudden I am in an queue, and by 9.02 they had sold out. Naturally loads have started appearing on the resale sites for 3x the face value :rolleyes:

Associate
Got a couple of tickets to see Nightwish in December next year, going with a friend and my brother. Then in December this year I'm off to see Ghost in Budapest plus Devin Townsend in London and Nottingham, and then Alcest in London. Next weekend I'm seeing Heilung at the Roundhouse in London and the week after that Astronoid/Periphery in Kentish Town Forum. Am thinking about getting a ticket to see Amon Amarth too

Associate
I've also gotten myself tickets to see Dream Theater in february where they will play Scenes from a Memory in it's entirety, which will be awesome as that is the album that opened my eyes for DT.

Associate
I saw Heilung on Sunday night and wooooooooow that was a incredibly epic gig.. Really hard to describe their music but it was really enchanting and almost trancelike (not the EDM-trance stuff).. I was buzzing afterwards and can't wait to see them again.

Commissario
I'm seeing Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark at Watford Colosseum this evening, free tickets. Frantically listening to as many songs as I can this afternoon so I might recognise something!

Soldato
Machine Head on Monday in Manchester - 3.5hrs of awesomeness looking at their livestreamed previous gig on this tour!

Great gig, great band, great songs and great fans except the 12 or so mid-30's drugged-up manc-scum ****'s stood right behind me who decided that a "moshpit" was actually a secret code for an "Octagon" and just kicked the crap some of the younger folk up during A Thousand Lies, about 3hrs into the gig.

As it happened right behind me I had two fist sizes holes ripped into the back of my t-shirt as these ***** grabbed folks by the t-shirts to drag them to the floor, kicking and punching at people that fell, or deliberately tripped people and/or grabbed them in a headlocks to drag them to the floor etc. So a bunch of us bigger/older types "quietly" removed them from the gig with the help of security where we were then all threatened with "do you know who I am, I'll be back later and you'll be dying" etc.

I ****ing hate druggies.

Soldato
Saw the Comet is Coming last week, great gig! But was really impressed by the support act Leafcutter John. Even if you're not keen on the music, it's hard not to be impressed by how he actually plays it....Shining lights on a photo receptive board! :eek:

Next up, The Macc Lads this Saturday :D

Associate
TOmorrow and Friday I will be seeing Devin Townsend again, this time at the Roundhouse in London and Rock City in Nottingham. Saturday I will be seeing Alcest at the Barbican Centre in London. January will be free of gigs and in February I got tickets to see Sabaton, Explosions in the Sky and Dream Theater. In March I'm seeing Alcest again and Anathema at the Palladium in London (first time I will be at that venue)

Back
Top Bottom