***Death Stranding***

Soldato
Sounds like a game to pick up on the cheap and your running out of things to play. Never thought I would say that about someone who made the mgs series.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Sounds like a game to pick up on the cheap and your running out of things to play. Never thought I would say that about someone who made the mgs series.
Maybe he was the problem and not Konami with regards to MGS5. Lol.

MGS5 was by far the worst MGS game for me. I would love for Konami to remake MGS and MGS2.

Soldato
Read a few reviews, all sounds a bit self-indulgent with pretentious twaddle wrapped around some rather dull gameplay but I'm sure some people will love it regardless. MGS was about my limit for nonsensical story and from what I can see, this looks to dial that up to 11. I've got no issue putting 50-60 hours into a game if my time is respected but not just for a bit of a vanity project.

Associate
Maybe he was the problem and not Konami with regards to MGS5. Lol.

MGS5 was by far the worst MGS game for me. I would love for Konami to remake MGS and MGS2.

MGS5 I can also say for me it was on the bottom of all the main MGS games story wise. Essentially to me it felt that Hideo had a whole extra chapter or 2 to do but was rushed to finish the game off. I mean chapter 2 is essentially some missions of chapter one again. The base was also in my mind useless i didn't do anything with it. They could have done so much with it. It felt like the psp game with better graphics. I know ppl hate mgs4 but honestly i really loved it a lot compared to mgs5. Linear as it was i really enjoyed it, apart from the weird non sensical boss fights.

I can see why Konami was pushing to get this out though since it took sooo long to make. I hated that they didn't finish it. And didn't tie nicelly with the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games in my opinion.

Heres hoping for Death Stranding to be a bit better started reading reviews and i am not sure.

Soldato
i literally can't decide if i want this game. 84 on metacritic but with mostly very high reviews, brought down by a few very low ones...

thing is...even the high reviews are often saying that a lot of the gameplay is 'boring', but they're still giving it 9 or 10 out of 10. Which seems odd.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
MGS5 I can also say for me it was on the bottom of all the main MGS games story wise. Essentially to me it felt that Hideo had a whole extra chapter or 2 to do but was rushed to finish the game off. I mean chapter 2 is essentially some missions of chapter one again. The base was also in my mind useless i didn't do anything with it. They could have done so much with it. It felt like the psp game with better graphics. I know ppl hate mgs4 but honestly i really loved it a lot compared to mgs5. Linear as it was i really enjoyed it, apart from the weird non sensical boss fights.

I can see why Konami was pushing to get this out though since it took sooo long to make. I hated that they didn't finish it. And didn't tie nicelly with the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games in my opinion.

Heres hoping for Death Stranding to be a bit better started reading reviews and i am not sure.
I really think even if he had another 5 years that game would not have been any better. Just more of the same. **** story is a **** story. I think maybe the guy is just trying new things and it is not as good as we all would want like his old work.

Associate
i literally can't decide if i want this game. 84 on metacritic but with mostly very high reviews, brought down by a few very low ones...

thing is...even the high reviews are often saying that a lot of the gameplay is 'boring', but they're still giving it 9 or 10 out of 10. Which seems odd.

Watched the IGN video review and frankly i was put off. I hate fetch quests especially if its the whole game like that, one reason that put me off world of warcraft and found FF15 tedious.

Could be that the IGN reviewer got frustrated and just emphasized on the negatives. Oh well seems ill wait for user experiences and probably a price drop. Got a few good games to play anyway.

Soldato
Still haven't completed it despite owning it on release.

Same here - tried it again earlier this year, but I feel like I have seen everything the game offers, and having only two maps (excluding the 'base') makes it very rinse and repeat. I've honestly got no idea where the story was heading, and although I still think it looks brilliant and I quite enjoy the 80s tunes; it just feels like a huge sandbox with naff all to do - and a lingering mental story line.

Caporegime
"boring" tends to be a common theme in the reviews I've read, if I wanted to deliver parcels I'd do it for a living. In fairness these reviews also do say it can be great....

One to avoid for me, if I go through a spell of being bored in a game I'll drop it and never play it again.

Soldato
This is a great example of a good review score not being equal to a compelling game for everyone.

Read more in to it, or listen to some reviews and it sounds completely marmite. Its confirmed that it definitely is not for me. Long, repetitive, etc

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I will probably play this eventually. But once the price is right. Maybe on PC or PS5.

Oh and why does this guy in the video always insist on saying we are running out of time, we do not have enough time, we are out of time... Guy thinks he is on live TV or something? Geez :p

Soldato
I kind of had this, along with Cyberpunk and Last of Us Pt2 as my personal "big three" purchases. I honestly think I'll leave this one a couple of months for those first discounts to hit.

Soldato
Reviews seem fairly positive for the most part, some more than others but that's about what I was expecting. It sounds like the involving storyline and characters carry the somewhat monotonous gameplay at times.

I quite liked the PlayStation Access video about it, obviously they're paid to be positive about PlayStation and Rob is massive MGS/Kojima fan but he does a really good job on elaborating on how some of the gameplay mechanics work.

DF's video above really shows off the visuals in pristine quality too, it looks incredible for a PS4 Pro game.

I doubt I'll buy this at launch but it might be on my Christmas wish list.

Soldato
Walking simulator crap, and goes to show how much of the "reviewers" are just bought and paid for. Kudos to the brave few who went against the grain and still remember what the word GAME means.

Back
Top Bottom